New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Help! How do I convince the US Immigration that I need to go back to the Philippines for AT LEAST ONE YEAR. The application costs USD660 and if it gets rejected, I won't be refunded anymore.

I don't know how to word it properly but my reason is I need more time to complete all my financial and business obligations (selling of properties, closing of accounts, ano pa ba?) I am an only child and my whole family is in the US so I cannot rely on anyone else to do this. I will also study for skills that are in demand in the US. Most important, I need to make arrangements to ensure that my second Mom who took care of me since I was a baby will be okay when I am away. She is single and has no contact with her family anymore and I am her only family.

How do I make that condense and convincing?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    just tell them the truth..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    just tell them the truth..
    That's the truth but I want it written well to convince them.

Writing is not my strength e

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Help! How do I convince the US Immigration that I need to go back to the Philippines for AT LEAST ONE YEAR. The application costs USD660 and if it gets rejected, I won't be refunded anymore.

I don't know how to word it properly but my reason is I need more time to complete all my financial and business obligations (selling of properties, closing of accounts, ano pa ba?) I am an only child and my whole family is in the US so I cannot rely on anyone else to do this. I will also study for skills that are in demand in the US. Most important, I need to make arrangements to ensure that my second Mom who took care of me since I was a baby will be okay when I am away. She is single and has no contact with her family anymore and I am her only family.

Just tell them the truth.
    Put emotions aside.
    Present cold hard facts and documents.

Hope for the best expect nothing.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    you already wrote it..

To whom it may concern:

I will be needing at least 1 more year to complete all my financial and business obligations (selling of properties, closing of accounts) in the Philippines. I am an only child and my whole family is in the US so I cannot rely on anyone else to do this. I will also need to study skills that are in demand in the US. Most importantly, I will need to make arrangements to ensure that my second Mom who took care of me since I was a baby will be okay when I am away. She is single and has no contact with her family anymore and I am her only family.

Hoping for you kind consideration.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Just tell them the truth.
    Put emotions aside.
    Present cold hard facts and documents.

Hope for the best expect nothing.

No documents needed naman. I just need to file the application, pay the fee and convince them to approve it. Pwede nga humanitarian reason so it does need emotion.

I need someone to word it properly :P

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017

Sounds concise enough. You can also say that disposing of property can take time since it will involve personally having to negotiate with a buyer, making bank transactions in the PH, and getting clearances from various government agencies.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006

Actually the more "un-well" written it is, the more sincere and convincing it will be.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Sounds concise enough. You can also say that disposing of property can take time since it will involve personally having to negotiate with a buyer, making bank transactions in the PH, and getting clearances from various government agencies.
    Yes! Thank you Can you add further?

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Actually the more "un-well" written it is, the more sincere and convincing it will be.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    hmmmm... you're right.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    No documents needed naman. I just need to file the application, pay the fee and convince them to approve it. Pwede nga humanitarian reason so it does need emotion.

I need someone to word it properly :P
    Put it on bullet form so it is easier to read.

I need to be in ph for the following reason
    - sell my property accounting to approx usd/php
    - sell my car accounting to aprox usd/php
    - file resignation properly
    - no brothers or sister to take care of leg work
    - "2nd mom" (change this to proper) that is now consider part of the family needs arrangement to be taken care of

Imo, don't count on emotions as it will depend who reads it. Go with facts and documents (provide it to prove you are not lying) as this is the main truth after all.

I know you dont intend to lie but this people probably seen every lie in the book and will be extra cautios. Again, you are asking them to bend the rules in favor of you.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast