New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Tips naman dyan mga erap. What is the best price Hotel and Places to visit beside chocolate hills? Airline? What to expect. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    try to get in touch with my cousin as he's a travel agent that specialize on travels within the country.

Look for Mr. Jay-R Sagpao - 747-8905.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Tips naman dyan mga erap. What is the best price Hotel and Places to visit beside chocolate hills? Airline? What to expect. Thanks!
    Sir larshell, my family and i have booked already for Bohol summer next year (Mar 31-April 3,2010) our hotel accommodation is in Lost Horizon Hotel in Panglao Island and our airline tickets are via Cebu PAcific Air. We didnt avail any of Cebu Pac's promo since we dont like to limit our luggage. We are 5 in the family our airline cost me 20K for roudtrip. Our hotel accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights is 15K. I suggest sir, you book early as possible because the rates could soar high the following months. Best places to visit aside from chocolate hills are the Loboc River,Mag-aso falls, virgin island,balicasag island,old baclayon church, hinagdanan cave,blood compact site and a lot more. Sir Bohol is a nice place to visit though it will be my first time to go there next year. hehehe. Your family will enjoy it. Of course what to expect is there will be a lot of "cash-out" involve. hehehe. Sabi nga nila when travelling lay down all your clothes and money and after take half the clothes and double the money. hehehe. Balitaan mo kami sir sa Bohol planning mo!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mas mura ang PAL against cebu pacific. 3.4k tax included roundtrip last nov. lang ako nagpunta

places to go....
    choco hills
    sagbayan peak...may butterfly sanctuary din, di ko lang napuntahan
    hinagdanan cave... but we didn't dare swim kasi daming ipot ng paniki
    Bohol Bee Farm... go here sa morning ganda ng resto nila parang pier na maliit. and try theri camote lasagna... we liked it.

syempre Loboc river. dun ka mag lunch sa floating resto..
    and visit the tarsiers na din along loboc river naman din.

meron hanging bridge but i don't suggest it if you have kids, dahil madulas at river ang babagsakan mo. mga 30 feet drop lang naman if you're not carefull

baclayon church... one of the oldest churches

sa panglao stay sa side ng bohol beach club mas maganda beach. kesa side ng alona. sa dumaluan kami nag stay not as classy as BBC but magkatabi lang naman sila.

pag dophin watching makipag usap ka deretso sa nag bangka wag mo na idaan sa resort... nung nagtanong kami sa tauhan ng resort 2500, nung kinausap namin yung mama sa bangka 1800 lang.

sa tagbilaran - capital of bohol... well may isaland mall, BQ mall

dami pang iba di ko na ikot... kakatamad na kasi went there 3 times na, yung last we stayed 4 days sa beach lang total relaxation... kakapagod kasi ang tour.

super low tide nung lang na punta ko

salad sa Bohol bee farm

a view form Bohol beach club.. tumawid kami entrance fee was 250(150 consumable and free ka na to use the amenities)
    Last edited by impulzz; December 1st, 2009 at 11:48 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003

starfish... in shallow water

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Frugal and fun way to have a vacation in Bohol.

Bahala ka na sa air-fare choose the best rates.

1.) Stay at Muro-Ami Beach resort seaside inn and restaurant. It's a small time beach resort and restaurant. Don't expect any luxurious ambiance or setting. Ang reason kung baket ko nirerecommend dito is because of the cheap rates and the delicious food. Sila kasi ang source ng mga seafoods ng mga palengke sa halos buong Bohol so definitely ang makukuha mong catch ay iyong pinaka fresh. Kung gusto mong mag take home pwedeng pwede, bili ka na lang ng styro box sa Tagbilaran City para paglalagyan ng mga isda na bibilhin mo sa kanila. Muro-Ami is located at Panglao Island. Wag ka na mag check in sa mga mamahaling beach resorts sa Panglao kasi pareparehas lang naman sila dahil located silang lahat sa Panglao. For as long as you're in Panglao you're all good!

visit their link: http://www.muro-ami.com/index.html

Even if you need a place just to stay or you wanted to enjoy the beach, di ka magkakamali sa Muro-amil; if your intention is "just a place to stay" - the place is cheap if your intention is a place to enjoy the beach - as I said for as long as you're in Panglao Island pareparehas lang sila.

2.) Loboc River - eat your lunch there. Talk to the locals in Muro-ami so you could hire a van to get you there.

3.) Chocolate Hills. rent a van.

4.) Baclayon Church - rent a van.

Magiging challenge mo sa Bohol ay transportation, kausapin mo na lang iyong mga taga Muro-Ami so they could guide you if you need to rent a van or to show you how to get a bus going to Tagbilaran city pauwi.

Enjoy!

Btw, my father is from Bohol so hmm.. should I say taga Bohol na din ako LOL. Di ka magkakamali sa tip na binigay ko. Tip dyan, just stay at Panglao kasi once you're in there pareparehas lang sila ng quality ng sand kaya doon ka na lang sa Muro-Ami dahil cheap iyong rates at sila pa ang source ng mga fish sa halos buong Bohol.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    We were just at Bohol last week, three days and two nights. Impulzz pretty much described my trip and its destinations, although we stayed at Alona Beach and skipped on the dolphin-watching and island-hopping.

Alona Beach is more of a home base for divers and isn't really the best place to swim in. Lots of foreigners stay there, and yes primarily because of SCUBA diving. There's a lot of seaweed close to the shore, some starfish and even the chance of stepping on a sea urchin if you're not careful. They say you could rent a banca and go to Pamilacan Island from Alona for better swimming.

Hinagdanan Cave will definitely test your low-light photography capabilities...as well as your balance!

For me Chocolate Hills was a distant second compared to Sagbayan Peak. At Sagbayan you can also shoot photos of tall hills, but they're much closer and easier to photograph than at the Chocolate Hills viewdeck, where the hills don't stand out from the horizon as much as you would imagine.

Definitely take the Loboc River lunch cruise if you're going with someone special. My girlfriend enjoyed it.

We didn't stay long at Bohol Bee Farm because we arrived too late at 5:30pm, but we did have their malunggay ice cream and their greens-and-flowers salad (as pictured above).

If you're into historical curios, you can visit the Clarin ancestral house, which is a period-correct early-1900s residence of the Clarin political clan. They have a cafe there downstairs, too. The Simply Butterflies Conservation Center is also a nice spot to visit, a break from the more popular tarsier exhibits.

Tips needed. I want to go to Bohol with My Family.