New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Paano ba mag DIY tour sa Singapore? Cheapest Airfare? Itinerary? Hotels or Houses to stay? Where to eat? What to eat? Transportation? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Paano ba mag DIY tour sa Singapore? Cheapest Airfare? Itinerary? Hotels or Houses to stay? Where to eat? What to eat? Transportation? Thanks!
    been to singapore many times..

cheapest airfare: tiger air....via subic (7k++2way)
    cebu pacific...via naia(8k++2way)
    sad to say, hotels are extremely expensive...kung may kakilala ka who stays in singapore, makitira ka na lang muna...

eating place....lots...u have a choice between branded eating establishment like macdo, kfc, burgerking etc up to the higher ends...but if ur budgeting..there are HAWKERS...eto yung fastfood nila..nagkalat yan in every corners and sa lahat ng mga condos...foods like chinese, malay, indians...and prices range from 2dollars sing to 7dollarssing per meal...

what to eat...my rule..pag bago ka sa lugar..try their natives..since singapore is multi-cultural...you'll see foods like chinese, malay and indians...

sobrang linis ng singapore pero wag ka lang magugulat kung gano kabarubal mga tao dun..like when u ask ice sa drink mo, pupulutin lang nila by hand yung yelo sabay lagay sa baso mo..or iaabot nila kutsarat tinidor mo holding the eating ends...

sa transpo naman..napakaganda ng transport system nila..wala akong masabi...they use this card called ez-link..where u deposit money parang atm then bago ka sumakay in anything like bus or mrt u swipe it..d ka maliligaw sa singapore.

i-10???singapore is a tourist attraction upon landing on their airport..of course there's the sentosa...the esplanade..
    pero bro..libutin mo lang ang singapore sulit na...tho u can avail of trips from hotels kahit di ka nagstay dun...tanong mo lang ano mga tourist trips nila...prices range from 50dollars sing to 100dollars sing per person..

and when ur in singapore..bus ride going to malaysia kaya idrecho mo na hehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    spongee, Thanks a lot! Interesado ako HAWKERS nila mukhang mura na masarap pa. About sa Hotels what is the cheapest you have try? Na try mo ba yong Hotel 81 in china town? Is it ok not to book hotel? I'm planning to get a room when we get there?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you go to Singapore, most comfortable outfit going around the city is yung shorts, t-shirts or sando. And also, habang naglalakad, yung face towel, dala ka.......

Lalo na ngayon, Singapore is HOT and VERY HUUUUUUUUMMMMIDDD!

Pero sa mga malls, malamig. (siyempre).
    Last edited by chua_riwap; April 26th, 2007 at 05:18 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Daming hostels pag malapit sa city, mga 10-20Sing per day lang sya.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    spongee, Thanks a lot! Interesado ako HAWKERS nila mukhang mura na masarap pa. About sa Hotels what is the cheapest you have try? Na try mo ba yong Hotel 81 in china town? Is it ok not to book hotel? I'm planning to get a room when we get there?
    larshell..i havent tried their hotels pa kasi my husband and my brother in law has a place there..my bro inlaw kasi has a family na at permanent residents na sila ng singapore..
    tip for you to save up...some pinoys kasi na may mga units na sa sinapore ay nagpapaupa ng spare room sa mga turistang pinoy din...lets just say an average room can be rented for say 600dollars sing a month..then kung balak mo 1wk lang then u pay 150dollars sing lang..
    pwede ka na rin magpa book na...china town is way cheaper than orchard road which is like the ayala or ortigas or roxas blvd here...wag ka magalala kung malayo ka sa city..kasi in singapore everything is just stone throw away..malaki pa ang maynila dito...pwede mo sha libutin in just one day...yun e kung libot lang...what i'm trying to say is...kung may list ka ng hotels at may map kang hawak...shy away a bit from orchard kasi mahal talaga dun..

pero at least medyo sentro..like BISHAN..ANG MO KIO..BRADEN...TOH PAYOH etc para madali makapunta from point to point....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    If you go to Singapore, most comfortable outfit going around the city is yung shorts, t-shirts or sando. And also, habang naglalakad, yung face towel, dala ka.......

Lalo na ngayon, Singapore is HOT and VERY HUUUUUUUUMMMMIDhehDD!

Pero sa mga malls, malamig. (siyempre).
    hahaha...pinakaimporatante....gas mask nga kung meron ka...lalo na kung sasakay ka ng mrt....harharhar...grabe ang amoy ng mga tao dun...minsan nga biniro ko husband ko..kako amoy singaporean na sha..pero jok lang yun...
    be prepared....heheh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba via clark yung tiger and not via subic?

can you recommend any hostels na tig 10-20S$ lang?

dati ang alam ko ay yung YMCA sa singapore accomodate S$20 per day...tamang-tama sa mga backpackers.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wildthing...yes clark nga pala yun....
    sorry cant really speak about hostels, hotels and stuffs kasi di ko pa nasubukan...

well i agree with EQ...mahal talaga in singapore...but if you want to experience it then go...good thing nga we have na those budget airways...unlike before na talagang pamasahe pa lang malaking gastos na..

going to malaysia via johor naman is like traversing batangas...wala kang makikita puro puno at halaman lang makikita mo..it's very much like pinas...and its 4ghrs staight drive to KL...ang maganda lang sa malaysia..prices are half of singapore..kaya marami tumatawid just to fill up their gas tank...tho the last time i heard..bawal na daw tumawid para lang magpagasolina.

btw..try to chk this site...www.justwandering.org

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    For me, Singapore is just one big, efficient, super safe, super clean, super kadooper HOT and expensive modern shopping mall.

Medyo jaded na ako because I've been there dozens of times but if you see one mall there, you've seen it all. Nowhere near as exciting as Thailand. And its expensive over there in Singapore. Best thing for me in Singapore are their huge bookstores along Orchard road. If electronics is your thing than Sim Lim square will be heaven for you. The clothes stores along Orchard are also nice but so are the ones over here in Manila. In terms of a shopping experience, Manila is much closer to Singapore than you think (unless you are looking at the Ultra Ultra high-end).

Actually, Singapore doesnt have anything to compare to our Greenbelt / Serendra experience. All their malls are in connected buildings that have their lower floors converted into galleries and plazas. Their biggest and best malls such as Suntec, Wisma Atria, Octagon, etc are tiny compared to our super malls over here.

Food: Singapore is a culinary experience but be prepared to spend a lot if you want to sample their delights in some semblance of comfort. Hawker food is tasty but you will sweat like a pig eating it in their stalls. The simulated Hawker food experience in air-conditioned food courts is corny as well. Having said that though, the food court in the basement of Octagon is great and first class.

Car watching : Everyone and their pet dog's pet frog has a Mercedes S-class. Kung naka E-class ka or 5-series laos ka dyan. Probably have more Mercs than Toyotas. Numerous RR's, Ferraris and Lambos and other exotics along Orchard Road.

Sightseeing : Sentosa, NightSafari (OMG its so hard to get a taxi to get home from this place during the night so be prepared to call one using your phone and dont forget to get the Cab's phone number), Boat Key (Qey), Orchard Rd, the 'Durian' structure, lobby of the Raffles hotel, Sun Tec City plaza. Honestly, though my view of the 'you've seen em once you've seen em all' applies to all of these.

Now, if you want to use Singapore as a springboard to Indonesian golfing and beach resorts or cross over to Malaysia, then ok lang. I've done that myself and its better.

Dont try to save money if you're going to live the Singapore experience. Sobrang diluted. Might as well enjoy the trip and if you cant live like a King, at least live like a prince. But if you're really on a budget..... THAILAND IS KING!!!!!!! Can't ever beat that place for culture, uniqueness, food, value for money, partying, resorts, etc.

Sabi pa nila, Singapore is a small island, with a BIG airport.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Singapore DIY tour Any suggestion.