New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    mga boss ask ko lang kung ilang kilometro mula manila to baguio?
    plan ko kasi pumunta this weekend.

magkano kaya gasolina ko? di ko pa alam kung ano magandang dalhin hyundai i10 o mazda3 2.0.

thanks po sana may mag reply.

reignsmart

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    its around 280+ km

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reignsmart View Post
    mga boss ask ko lang kung ilang kilometro mula manila to baguio?
    plan ko kasi pumunta this weekend.

magkano kaya gasolina ko? di ko pa alam kung ano magandang dalhin hyundai i10 o mazda3 2.0.

thanks po sana may mag reply.

reignsmart

Manila-Baguio is around 250 to 270 km.

I suggest bringing the Mazda3 2.0L. The extra power will be a help going up the mountain. I suggest filling up at the last Shell Station (or other brands) right before going up the actual mountain roads because gasoline is cheaper at the foot of the mountains.

On the way back, refuel (to top off your tank) at the same station before heading to Manila to avoid stopping along the expressways (but you will anyway for toilet breaks).

Remember: use engine brake on the way down. Shift your A/T to "2" to control your decent speed with the engine and avoid overheating the brakes.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 9th, 2010 at 03:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's a three to four hour trip at a relaxed pace if you don't hit any traffic.

Just be aware of the dangers going up and down the mountain. Observe proper following distances... in fact... don't follow cars as closely as you would on level ground, because it takes more time to brake, and the longer you go downhill, the hotter and less effective your brakes will get.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    first timer .. just take Marcos Hway .. safety kaysa kennon

laging maulan pa naman sa Baguio

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    or kung ayaw mong masyadong maramdaman ang pag akyat take naguillan road

+2hours ka nga lang

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's a three to four hour trip at a relaxed pace if you don't hit any traffic.
    Emphasis on ANY. With regular traffic you are looking at around 5 hours.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * filling up, it also depends on how long you plan to stay in Baguio, how thirsty your car is (or how large a tank it has) and how much driving you'll do going around.

I used to have a habit of gassing up before ascending (Shell Station in Rosario La Union is already a classic for many travelers) or in Baguio as it was a practice in our family to always keep the tanks full during road trips. In my last two trips this year, i filled up in NLEX Petron northbound, went up to Baguio, drove around for two days and drove home and gassed up again on NLEX Petron Southbound already. The first trip was in an Altis and my second trip was in a Grandia GL, both driven hard and were heavy. The Grandia had more than enough fuel to spare when we filled up but the Altis was already running on reserves when we gassed up again.

Use the Mazda 3; you'll enjoy the drive much more. Likewise, the old highway is widened already in a lot of portions so you'll have lots of open road between Pangasinan and Tarlac.

*Niky, the last time i did a three hour drive to Baguio at a relaxed pace was when i drove up on a Good Friday :D

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    or kung ayaw mong masyadong maramdaman ang pag akyat take naguillan road

+2hours ka nga lang
    . naguillian Road pag dyan ako dumadaan nahihilo ako sa daan..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thanks sa lahat. kailangan ko na lang ng rod map. hehehe sensya na first time talaga. mamyang madaling araw na alis namin. mazda3 na lang gamitin ko.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
road trip from manila to baguio