New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    my US tourist's VISA is expiring on July,2008. (10years)
    used it twice. 2003 and 2006.
    me nag-tip sa kin gamitin ko daw muna bago mag-expire, meaning i have to go to US this month or next month para daw cgurado approval ng renewal.

please give me some tips kung ano dapat gawin para ma-approve ang renewal. thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree, its also the tip got from my friend who used her visa before it expired, her visa was good for 10 years, so chances that you are able to get the same length is more likely, but i think they are only granting a 5 year visa after the bombing of 911

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nag renew ako last month ok naman, 10 years ulit binigay, attach ka ng itinerary para makita na kunwari yan ang tour mo at dapat hindi ka nag stay ng matagal sa US dati, kung nagkataon dapat ma explain mo yung dahilan, sa harapan ko kasi mag asawa, narinig ko tinanong bakit nag stay sila 1 month mahigit, tapos binalik ang passport nila sabi susulatan na lang daw sila ulit. Bawal cellphone sa embassy, iwan mo na lang sa auto, tapos dala ka ball pen para pang fill up sa delivery form ng Delbros kapag approve
    Last edited by Zeus; May 15th, 2008 at 08:23 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 109 View Post
    me nag-tip sa kin gamitin ko daw muna bago mag-expire, meaning i have to go to US this month or next month para daw cgurado approval ng renewal.

please give me some tips kung ano dapat gawin para ma-approve ang renewal. thanks in advance.
    Not true, it all depends on the mood of the consul whose going to interview you.

I know somebody who lived there for a very long time, he has an expat Visa, studied at NYU and even worked there. In short, kulang na lang maging citizen. After living there he went back to Manila to settle here and eventually got married. The couple decided to have a honeymoon in Hawaii pero bigo kasi denied ang US Visa nila noong pina-renew nila.

I have an officemate who was given an assignment at Walnut Creek. He was afraid that he might get denied because he didn't use his US Visa before (now expired). Later on, to cut things short he got a new one.

What only you can do is to do the things that you can control such as preparing all the pertinent documents. Other than that, it's all in the hands of the consul.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The U.S. Immigration is always concerned about overstaying Filipino visitors in the U.S. (the Philippines has always been on the top 5 list of illegal aliens). That said, your objective during the face-to-face interview with a U.S. consul is having a compeling reason to return to the Philippines. Therefore, it is imperative to show proof that you have no intentions of 'emigrating' to the U.S. i.e. job/business, proof of real estate ownership, bank account/s, or any fixed asset which you cannot leave behind.

HTH

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    The U.S. Immigration is always concerned about overstaying Filipino visitors in the U.S. (the Philippines has always been on the top 5 list of illegal aliens). That said, your objective during the face-to-face interview with a U.S. consul is having a compeling reason to return to the Philippines. Therefore, it is imperative to show proof that you have no intentions of 'emigrating' to the U.S. i.e. job/business, proof of real estate ownership, bank account/s, or any fixed asset which you cannot leave behind.

HTH
    Agree to this. However, do not show any document without the consul asking for it. Got my renewal last March and no document was asked from me. Just be smart with your answers and you will be ok. No, it is not true that you have to use it before expiry. It all depends on how the consul seize you up in less than 2 minutes.

When I underwent a seminar with the anti-fraud unit of the US embassy, I was told that they do not believe in 98% of the documents that they see from us. Meaning, it is more how you present yourself during the interview and your answers to their questions.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 109 View Post

Nothing is guaranteed even if you travel before the expiry you can still get denied. Each application is reviewed on it's own merit at the time of interview however previous travel and return without violating the visa status does help but does not guarantee approval.

Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Not true, it all depends on the mood of the consul whose going to interview you.

I know somebody who lived there for a very long time, he has an expat Visa, studied at NYU and even worked there. In short, kulang na lang maging citizen. After living there he went back to Manila to settle here and eventually got married. The couple decided to have a honeymoon in Hawaii pero bigo kasi denied ang US Visa nila noong pina-renew nila.

I have an officemate who was given an assignment at Walnut Creek. He was afraid that he might get denied because he didn't use his US Visa before (now expired). Later on, to cut things short he got a new one.

What only you can do is to do the things that you can control such as preparing all the pertinent documents. Other than that, it's all in the hands of the consul.
    As much as people like to say it's the mood of the consul the fact is it's not. They still have to follow regulations and you as the applicant must show proof that you have no intention to reside in the US. Each denial must indicate the reason for denial within the bounds of the law with the section of law indicated. Keep in mind that the law also presumes that every applicant is an intending immigrant unil the applicant can show otherwise. The same goes when you arrive in the US and meet the officer at the airport, the visa is not a guarantee of entry into the US. It is only a form allowing the airline to board the person bound for the US without getting fined, the officer at the airport of entry will decide if you are going to be permitted to enter or be sent home.

Code of Federal regulations for the State Department
    http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...b1c58f5df66d79
    These are the laws used in approving and denying a visa. Most denials are under this law.

Sec. 40.6 Basis for refusal.
    A visa can be refused only upon a ground specifically set out in the law or implementing regulations. The term "reason to believe", as used in INA 221(g) , shall be considered to require a determination based upon facts or circumstances which would lead a reasonable person to conclude that the applicant is ineligible to receive a visa as provided in the INA and as implemented by the regulations. Consideration shall be given to any evidence submitted indicating that the ground for a prior refusal of a visa may no longer exist. The burden of proof is upon the applicant to establish eligibility to receive a visa under INA 212 or any other provision of law or regulation.

Do you know for sure the person was denied because of the mood of the consul? Unless you do then you can't say it's the mood of the consul. Remember they now take fingerprints then check if you've violated any laws in the US while you were here.

But it is true that the Philippines is always in the top 5 for illegals and at one point was number 2 to only Mexico.
    Last edited by redorange; May 16th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Nothing is guaranteed even if you travel before the expiry you can still get denied. Each application is reviewed on it's own merit at the time of interview however previous travel and return without violating the visa status does help but does not guarantee approval.

As much as people like to say it's the mood of the consul the fact is it's not. They still have to follow regulations and you as the applicant must show proof that you have no intention to reside in the US. Each denial must indicate the reason for denial within the bounds of the law with the section of law indicated. Keep in mind that the law also presumes that every applicant is an intending immigrant unil the applicant can show otherwise. The same goes when you arrive in the US and meet the officer at the airport, the visa is not a guarantee of entry into the US. It is only a form allowing the airline to board the person bound for the US without getting fined, the officer at the airport of entry will decide if you are going to be permitted to enter or be sent home.

Do you know for sure the person was denied because of the mood of the consul? Unless you do then you can't say it's the mood of the consul. Remember they now take fingerprints then check if you've violated any laws in the US while you were here.

But it is true that the Philippines is always in the top 5 for illegals and at one point was number 2 to only Mexico.
    I agree...I'm sure that frosiers friend violated something when he was staying there..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post

Code of Federal regulations for the State Department
    http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...b1c58f5df66d79
    These are the laws used in approving and denying a visa. Most denials are under this law.

Sec. 40.6 Basis for refusal.
    A visa can be refused only upon a ground specifically set out in the law or implementing regulations. The term "reason to believe", as used in INA 221(g) , shall be considered to require a determination based upon facts or circumstances which would lead a reasonable person to conclude that the applicant is ineligible to receive a visa as provided in the INA and as implemented by the regulations. Consideration shall be given to any evidence submitted indicating that the ground for a prior refusal of a visa may no longer exist. The burden of proof is upon the applicant to establish eligibility to receive a visa under INA 212 or any other provision of law or regulation.

Well then, make that it depends on the consul whose going to interview the applicant.

The reason why I got that impression is because my friend was an expat (mother has a UN type Visa carried over to him, studied at NYU, worked in NY and as I had said kulang na lang maging citizen). I knew that person from the industry and probably he might committed a shady deal that I do not know.

Anyway to the TS, wala yan sa paggamit ng isa dalawa tatlo. Depende yan sa consul na magiinterview sa iyo. Just prepare the pertinent documents and the rest ay nasa judgement na ng consul.

Isa pang example: My wife regularly goes in and out of the US because of the nature of her work. Ngayon lang sya nabigyan ng 10 years multiple entries, iyong mga dati nya isang 1 year na H1B, ilang B1 visas at ngayon lang sya nagkaron ng B1 and B2 na Visa 10 years multiple entries. Reason? I do not know. Hehehe. So wala yan sa mga kung ilang beses kang pumunta or nagamit mo na.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    for me i think if you have unused visa it can be used as a proof that you are not interested in staying in the us, so the more chances na maapprove yung new visa mo.

just be smart, articulate and relax during the interview. i was given 3 single entry visas before, then 2 years mulitiple entry and finally now 10 yrs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Renewal of US VISA