New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my wife and I are leaving for the US this feb 11, 1 month lang kami balik kami ng march 12, our first week which is feb 12-20 will spent in the east coast particularly in south carolina, then punta rin kami ng washington DC, and kung kaya sa oras diretso na kami ng NY, tapos baka mag atlanta rin kami, then lipad kami ng west coast sa feb 20, diretso na kami ng vegas on the same day, 3 days kami doon then punta rin na kami ng san francisco for 3 days.... then the rest sa california na....

ano ba pwede puntahan sa mga states na nasabi ko? first time namin pareho, and both of us are in our 20's.... TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually meron ng ginawang itenerary yun cousin for us, anyway siya naman ang magpapasyal sa amin doon....just wanted to get some more inputs para baka meron hinde kami mapuntahan...thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende kung ano ang hilig nyong gawin. i'll try to give you the highlights of the states i've lived in or spent a lot of time in:

DC - the Mall: white house tour, historical museums, capitol, all the standard monuments and memorials (arlington cemetery is the best imo). the restaurants in DC are the best if you're looking for exotic/diverse food.

NY - times square, central park, battery park. the nightlife in NY is the best in the country so try to get recommendations depending on what you like to do at night

Vegas - um, the Strip.

SF - golden gate bridge, fisherman's wharf

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    shadow, sa DC syempre ang White House & U.S. Capitol.. Jefferson & Lincoln Memorial.. tsaka yung Vietnam Veterans Memorial.. sa South Carolina naman, wala akong ma-suggest eh.. heheh.. di pa rin ako nakakapunta dun eh.. New York, syempre Ground Zero & Central Park.. Times Square, Rockafeller Center (baka makita kayo sa NBC Today), Radio City Music Hall, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Empire State Bldg., Statue of Liberty.. tsaka dapat ma-experience nyo rin ang taxi ride sa new york... sa Atlanta, wala akong ma-suggest.. se Las Vegas naman, maglakad lang kayo sa strip buong araw mapapagod din kayo... although, I would also recommend that you guys go to Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.. very interesting.. may souvenir pa.. may bayad nga lang.. sa San Francisco naman, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate, Alcatraz, Exploratorium... kung pupunta kayo ng L.A. dapat di nyo ma-miss ang Disneyland.. pero don't bother going to Marine World, di na sya maganda.. parang napabayaan na daw.. yun lang.. hope you guys have fun! :D ako rin puntang states ng Feb. 10 pero sa San Francisco lang ako then Henderson, Nevada.. just to visit family..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    knicks, ano airline mo? for us we are still waiting for our confirmation sa eva air ng mnl-tpei, pero yun tpei-LA ok na, kasi mura ng eva air eh, pero most probably cathay na sakyan namin dahil confirmed na ticket namin all the way sa cathay sayang din yun $70/ticket na difference...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If papapat ka sa NY, don't miss Boston nadin, great place dude.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I always check travel.yahoo.com for recommendations on places to see... Might want to check it out. It has lists of places to go to grouped by say, museums, restaurants, historic places, etc.

Don't miss in NY:

1. Times square at night. Well day time is good if you're going shopping.
    2. 5th Ave from 31st to 59th. You will pass by St. Patrick's Cathedral and all the stores you want to shop in.
    3. Museum of Natural History, if trip mo yung mga animals, dinosaurs, etc. 1 day to go around the entire place.
    4. Central Park. Lakad lakad lang, pero nakakapagod, nature trip.
    5. Statue of Liberty. Wala lang. Masabi lang na napuntahan mo. Go early, mga 7:30-8:00AM to get passes for entering the statue itself. You will be back by lunch time.
    6. Empire State Bldg. 1-3 hours depending on the length of the line. Views of the city.

Atbp... check http://travel.yahoo.com kung anong trip mo.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    my wife and I are leaving for the US this feb 11, 1 month lang kami balik kami ng march 12, our first week which is feb 12-20 will spent in the east coast particularly in south carolina, then punta rin kami ng washington DC, and kung kaya sa oras diretso na kami ng NY, tapos baka mag atlanta rin kami, then lipad kami ng west coast sa feb 20, diretso na kami ng vegas on the same day, 3 days kami doon then punta rin na kami ng san francisco for 3 days.... then the rest sa california na....

ano ba pwede puntahan sa mga states na nasabi ko? first time namin pareho, and both of us are in our 20's.... TIA
    Hey Shadow!
    First of all, you will be coming right in the middle of winter. So, expect a very cold weather especially this year when the weather in the east has been crazy so far. I heard din sa California hasn't been good either. This winter is strange because of the weather pattern. We get snow at least 2-3/week for so many weeks now and then when the snow stops, sub-zero temp wind chill would step-in.

I think most of the members have already mentioned the good spots. But add ko lang sa Washington DC is that when you start at the WHITE HOUSE, all the other monuments will be at walking distance except for the CAPITOL which you need to go across town, the ARLINGTON CEMETERY where you need to cross the POTOMAC RIVER, and lastly, the GEORGE WASHINGTON MANSION at MT. VERNON which is about half-an-hour drive from the WHITE HOUSE. Very important to note that Washington DC is the place where you can go to museums for free. Other cities would charge you $7-$12. So, just so you know if like to visit museums. For night life naman, there are a lot of dance clubs and bars na one after another along 17th st.,& Dupont Circle. Dami rin restaurants around that area.

Sa NYC naman, I think they already have mentioned a lot but never leave NYC without a picture in Times Square. I am not so sure kung open ang STATUE OF LIBERTY during wintertime, but they might be open. But I'm sure,its going to be freezing cold kasi facing the ocean ang island. Bundle-up ka talaga. Sorry ha if I emphasized pang-contra sa lamig kasi its so easy for you to get sick if you don't protect yourself, then kung magkasakit ka na, your vacation will be ruined, di ba?Especially din na you have a limited number of days. Kung gusto nyo naman manood ng Broadway shows, discounted tickets(up to 40-50%) available sa Times Square and in a spot in Downtown Manhattan(hindi masyado mahaba ang linya dito than the TICKETNOW office sa times Square). Hindi ko lang ma-recall ang exact address sa downtown na office but its near Canal St. Ito yung ipinalit sa old location sa World Trade Center after 9/11. I'm sure your friend would know about this. OO nga pala, if you plan to visit Manhattan, do it during the weekend coz the parking is so much easier and free ang street parking.

Sa LAS VEGAS this time will be very cold as well. Its a desert but expect it to be cold especially nightime. Not freezing though. THE STRIP is the best place in Vegas. The STRIP is a part of LAS VEGAS BOULEVARD of about approximately 2 miles na full of hotels. Its like a Movie set where everything is lighted. One hotel after another. Spectacular talaga each hotel. Don't forget, Lani Misalucha still performs in Vegas(sa Bally's yata siya). I've always wanted to watch her pero wala pang time. Marami din shows doon, VEGAS STYLE. If you want to save on hotel rates, go on a weekday. Kasi it doubles during the weekend. Pero mas enjoy din during the weekend kasi andaming tao talaga sa STRIP. If you are driving from L.A. to Vegas on a Friday, make sure you leave from L.A. not later than 2-3pm coz the traffic to Vegas on a Friday was the worst traffic I've even seen in my entire life. It was miles long of stuck traffic.

Sa LA naman, well I guess they already have mentioned about California but add ko lang na you can watch taping at NBC studios(I've watched Jay Leno many times kasi ito lang pinakamadali makapasok) in Burbank, California na malapit na rin sa UNiVERSAL STUDIOS(may taping din dito with audience and fun rides) na marami ka ring magawa. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun there coz I always have fun doing these. Then of course, Magic Mountain if you enjoy roller coaster rides. Nightlife mostly is nasa Hollywood area. I've only been to a downtown L.A. dance club once kasi dinala ako ng isang latino kong kaibigan. Pero I don't recommend it kasi parang dangerous yung lugar.

Sa San Francisco naman, whenever I'm there, bar-hopping lang talaga ang magagawa ko doon at andaming mga pinoy talaga. Akala mo nasa Manila ka lang. He he he!! Ang another thing, you might think twice if you drive your sub-compact car in SF, esp. when you drive along those steep roads. The first time I was there, I rented a sub-compact(I should have listened to the Car Rental Clerk to have it upgraded to a bigger car) and it was a vacation that would have turned into a nightmare kasi I was driving and looking for a friend's house and I turned into this really steep road that I never imagined they could have built in the States for safety. But beleive me, it felt like my car was about to tumble turn and slide all the way down the hill. Scared the hell out of me!!

Sorry wala akong masabi about ATLANTA, Georgia and South Carolina! Never been there....Maybe this summer!

If trip ninyo to try winter sports like skiing and snow boarding, its the best time to do it on either east or west coast kasi nga we got a lot of snowfall this year. The east coast, the best is in Rutland, Vermont while in the west coast is Lake tahoe in Nevada. But of course maraming maliliit na ski resorts for starters.

ENJOY YOUR Vacation!! Have fun!!
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; January 22nd, 2005 at 11:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    When I was stationed in NC, I used to go to Myrtle Beach (sp?),SC a lot in the summer. Not sure what you could do there during winter maybe visit some old civil war battle sites. I lived in San Jose, Ca so, when you get to SF if I have time maybe we could hook up. Hey..we got about 20 ft. of snow couple weeks ago. You should hit the mountains which is about 3-4 hrs. away from SF and go snowboarding or skiing.Have fun..You'll enjoy it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nasabi na nila lahat...

Dagdag ko na lang yung wala pa.....

Been to South Carolina..... almost 3 years din kami dun (Greenville - medyo upstate)...... wag kang ba bababa sa southern part ng South Carolina at medyo hindi pa sanay makakita ng kulay brown na tao yung mga nandun (di masyadong educated kasi). Try mong pumunta sa Charlseton where some of the historic battles of the civil war took place. Maganda din ang Myrtle Beach (sa summer)..... eto lang ang mga napuntahan ko.... pulos Florida (Disney World) at NY area (friends and relatives) kasi ang mga bakasyon namin nun e. Magaganda din sa mga lakes (with white sand, hehehe)...... pero halos lahat naman ng state my lakes......

Sa Alanta, GA naman pulos zoo at Six Flags/White Water lang ang dinadayo namin. Ingat sa driving at medyo madaming g*go sa kalsada dun..... it's even worse than NY.....

Have fun!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
places to visit in these different states???