New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Mas ok na for me ang mabwisit sa cebupac kesa mabwisit sa traffic ng Metro Manila. Hehe. Clark airport is so convenient, around 30min lang from the house.
    exemption to the rule ka boybi eh, mas malapit clark sayo... saka pinsan mo si lance eh...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Tried both airlines na

usually the one that get delayed is yung mga flights ng hapon onwards domino effect due to airport traffic.
    Yan din theory ko, kaya pag papunta we always opt for the earliest flights kahit madaling araw. Kung me delay man, chances are you'd still reach your destination before lunch.

It may be true that booking earlier flights can be cheaper, pero in my case, same departure dates naman pinili ko, why the almost x2 price diff for PAL?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Ano kaya mangyayari sa PAL after buyback ni Lucio Tan
    The airline will turn to crap again as Lucio Tan's cronies and buddies will be bleeding the company dry again without any consideration to future needs and upgrades. One of the main reasons Tan wants full control again is so his friends can milk the company with fat contracts but minimal service.
    They lost this ability when Ramon Ang took over and brought in cheaper and better vendors.
    The politicians will be happy again that they can now buy economy class tickets and demand free upgrades to business class.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by Balikpinoy; September 10th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    CebuPac is a budget airline, PAL is a full service airline (actually, they have a "hybrid" model). There will be differences: PAL serves in flight meals or snacks, has free check-in baggage included in the fare (for INTL flights), and you can expect the quality of service to be generally better, or at the least, that's how they position themselves.

PAL holds promo fares too for local flights and international flights. Though sa international flights, mas mahal parin talaga PAL (by at least 50%) for regional flights. Sa ibang flights na hindi covered ng CebuPac, other carriers na ang competition ng PAL.

Yung mga domestic na PAL may mga mura rin na kasing cheap ng CebuPac promo fare pero hindi rin gaano madali machempohan. Mas erratic ung schedule ng sale ng PAL at travel dates on sale, mas less predictable yung booking system nila. There's some flights rin for both airlines na bihira talaga nila isale kasi yun ang malakas sa market based sa flight sched and demand.

And yes, it sucks na Lucio Tan will get PAL back. RSA did a relatively good (not great) job in bringing PAL back on its feet but here's LT again. I've read one news article na one of the reasons why LT wanted PAL back is because they lost "certain privileges" with the airline that they had before.
    Last edited by kotiko; September 10th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you book about a week or less to go before your flight, PAL will be generally more expensive. Booking 2-3 weeks ahead, PAL might be cheaper. I like how PAL shows the all-in fare cost compared to Cebu Pacific's fare + add-on + surcharges + fees. You need to click forward a few screens before knowing the full fare with Cebu Pacific. PAL seats are also better cushioned. Cebu Pacific's self-check-in kiosks are very convenient though.

PAL's budget fares do not include free baggage anymore. LT gave out a lot of those special PAL Black cards to his friends and relatives.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    They've said it all except you can also check on Air Asia, Tiger Air and the rest of other airline fares to compare further. There are even times SQ is much much cheaper than PAL & CP believe it or not.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    exemption to the rule ka boybi eh, mas malapit clark sayo... saka pinsan mo si lance eh...
    Kung ganun, magkamag-anak pala tayo? Kapatid mo si Lance di ba.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    They've said it all except you can also check on Air Asia, Tiger Air and the rest of other airline fares to compare further. There are even times SQ is much much cheaper than PAL & CP believe it or not.
    Never experienced SQ being cheaper than other airlines. Every time I'm booking for flights, I always check SQ rates because I wanted to try SQ, never been on an SQ flight. Palaging mas mahal, sometimes 2x pa ang rate ng SQ compared to other airlines.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kung ganun, magkamag-anak pala tayo? Kapatid mo si Lance di ba.
    Ako si robinson yun half man-half snake. But the half snake in me is the....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ako si robinson yun half man-half snake. But the half snake in me is the....

...tail? may buntot ka sa likod?
    Signature

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast