New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you were to choose between the two as your choice of national hero, which one would be your choice?

Jose Rizal

or

Andres Bonifacio

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hmmm... Jose Rizal is a more of a writer than a hero but educated and intelligent, according to history.

Andres Bonifacio on the otherhand is arrogant, stupid and impulsive but has a heart of a true patriot.

Niether for me.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    I chose Andre.
    Andre is a great man believing that revolution is the only way to gain independence to the spaniards and he founded a secret society, the famous..... "KATIPUNAN" (KKK).

Even though Andre was charged and executed by his nemesis (Emil Aguinaldo) for treason and sedition on May 10 1897 still he is regarded as a father of revolution.

Vive de largo la revolucion
    Bonifacio de largo vivo

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    It's Dr. Jose Rizal for me.

I think it's because of the fact that I was brainwashed since high school and early college years about Noli Me and El Fili which drove me nuts because of our quizzes in Pilipino 101.

I also believe that he was the ultimate ladies man during his time despite being a short guy.

He looks so much better than Andres...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raine
    pros:
    - atapang...
    - ayaman...
    - a kisig...

cons:
    - di masyadong gwapo pero medyo bastos...
    - nauuto na pumasok sa politika...
    - sugarol...(ma-chicks...gaya ni rizal)
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ..............hero....

teka, back to topic.... eh none of the above yata me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If they're both equally good enough to be heroes, why make it hard by choosing only one?

Personally, if there's one who should be elevated above those two, it should be Lapu-Lapu. He was a warrior and he kicked Spanish butt too. My wife thinks he's a hunk :

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Any of the two pwede for me. both of them died fighting for our independence against the ruling of the mapanakop, manglolokong mga Spaniards. though mas masakit physically ang sinapit ni andres - totally humiliated and at the hands of fellow filipino

Wag lang si aguinaldo, he died almost a hundred years old - wais eh

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post

Wag lang si aguinaldo, he died almost a hundred years old - wais eh
    totally agree. . .kung ngayon nabuhay yang si aguinaldo, mas masahol pa yan ke marcos o arroyo. . .ang presidenteng kawal na sumuko na habang ang ibang heneral e nakikipaglaban pa. . .he had a hand in the death of bonifacio and antonio luna. . .worked for the japanese government during the japanese occupation. . .

ot na. . .going back to the topic, si rizal siguro. . .even gandhi admired him

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think Lapu-lapu is the most deserving as our NATIONAL hero.

Rizal, a landed and educated man, was generally for appeasement.

Bonifacio, on the other hand is a true patriot, a TRAGIC hero if I may say so. Even in modern times, I honestly believe Filipinos still lacks respect for the man who wanted a "Philippines for Filipinos". He laid his life because he is uncompromising. Look at where we are now. A people with no sense of nationhood. And everything madadaan sa "compromise".

Aguinaldo, although highly venerated today than Bonifacio, is a coward and a collaborator. He epitomized what we essentially become --a people with me-first attitude.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast