New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    she's in hongkong now where she'd secured her visa going to canada recently... i'll provide her a one way ticket but she's telling me that a working visa will be chopped in vancouver with avalidity of 2-yrs (her preference) while in toronto will only be 1-yr. ano ba talaga ang tamang proseso dito sapagkat her final destination is toronto? what i don't want i might end up purchasing a wrong ticket online. canadian tsikoteers and anybody who knows how to do it... help me pls i'm lost

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    bump... she'd be leaving HK as early as possible. tia

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am just curious why your sister does not have a working VISA before departing for Canada. Should she should have it issued to her BEFORE she leaves the Philippines?

I have a friend who used to work in Washington state for a couple of years and he always had a working VISA already issued before flying out.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks gh for the reply, also am confused but surmising what she got now is only a calling visa for her to enter CN?
    been going out frequently but confined only here in asia. i don't have any experience going to the states or canada. i think the best way forward now is to send the money to her in hongkong. less worries and hassle kahit medyo pricey na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    the first post is a bit frantic, sorry if i may have misunderstood the TS's point. to answer:

don't buy her a ticket yet. having a ticket won't compel the consular official to give her a visa. although she can get her visa for Canada in HK.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks ai on the heads up. will check now what she got on her passport

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    her passport was chopped in hongkong with a multiple canadian entry visa having an expiry date on 18 april 2013 (category w-1). she's having as well a letter of introduction from the canadian embassy in hongkong stating that her working visa will be stamped upon her arrival in canada

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    my sister arrived toronto yesterday safely with 27 mos. stamped working visa in vancouver. more power to tsikot

My sister going to Toronto, CN - Need your help please!