New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I would like to ask if anybody has been here and hear some feed backs like things to do, what to eat etc. . Saw it on our last trip to Sagada as it's halfway between Sagada and Baguio. The roads from hereon to Bguio is well paved already. I also read that it's 7,200 ft high so it should be very cold up there and would like to experience the "old Baguio weather". Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dyan sir ussually nag che- check in ang mga bikers na pumupunta ng banawe or sagada.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how long travel time from manila to sagada? advisable bang magdala ng sariling sasakyan? is 3 days and 2 nights enough to enjoy sagada? mga magkano po kaya budget for 2 persons(couple)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Preferably SUV or any vehicle with high ground clearance kasi half of the trip would be on rough gravel road. I think 3 days would be the minimum recommended duration of stay (yung pwede na, na medyo bitin). Travel time from Manila would be 10 to 12 hours. Last time I went Manila to Banaue 8hrs, Banaue to Sagada 3hrs. Sagada to Baguio 5 hrs (medyo paspas). Maybe a budgetof 10 to 12 thousand would be enough, could be less kung hindi magastos sa food and gas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayuszzz, crosswind sasakyan namin, baka pde na din to...pero cguro hindi muna ngayon, baka sa summer na hehe. Is bringing a car advantageous compared to commuting? Is it easy to go around Sagada kung walang sasakyan?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    I would like to ask if anybody has been here and hear some feed backs like things to do, what to eat etc. . Saw it on our last trip to Sagada as it's halfway between Sagada and Baguio. The roads from hereon to Bguio is well paved already. I also read that it's 7,200 ft high so it should be very cold up there and would like to experience the "old Baguio weather". Thanks in advance.

You said that the road from Mt. Data Hotel to Baguio is already well-paved. Is my understanding correct? Also, I surmise that we just continue on the road along Trinidad Valley, right?

If yes, how far away is this place from Baguio. I want to check it out when we go to Baguio tomorrow for a 4-day sojourn....

TIA.

5000:boom:

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

You said that the road from Mt. Data Hotel to Baguio is already well-paved. Is my understanding correct? Also, I surmise that we just continue on the road along Trinidad Valley, right?

If yes, how far away is this place from Baguio. I want to check it out when we go to Baguio tomorrow for a 4-day sojourn....

TIA.

5000:boom:

From Baguio to Mt. Data hotel is about 100km. 1.5-2 hrs drive...dahil medyo zigzag din.

I passed by this hotel last week going to Baguio from Sagada.

Mt. Data to Sagada is about 50km of rugged terrain. 2-3hr drive. The last 12km to Sagada should be the toughest.

Basta mataas ang wheel clearance puede. But if it rains, you really need a 4x4 and I don't suggest travelling sa gabi. I tried that one time...and I promised myself not to do it again.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelskie View Post
    ayuszzz, crosswind sasakyan namin, baka pde na din to...pero cguro hindi muna ngayon, baka sa summer na hehe. Is bringing a car advantageous compared to commuting? Is it easy to go around Sagada kung walang sasakyan?
    For me...I like bringing my own vehicle. Marami kasing dala na bagahe.

Sagada streets are quite narrow, and most of the vehicles I see there are big buses...so go figure.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ang ideal pala na tsikot sa Sagada other than big bike eh suzuki Jimny. Kung 6 hours pa Sagada from Baguio on an easy drive, total of 12 hours pala with the last couple of hours over rough road. 3-4 days is inadequate kung ganun IMHO.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Just came from Mt.Data Hotel and Baguio last night. Mt.Data is a little less than 100 km from Baguio, 2 to 2.5 hrs depending on your pace and the number of slow vehicles you'll have to pass. It's a non stop twist and turn (there was rarely a stretch) trip from Baguio thru La Trinidad along Halsema Hiway towards Sagada . It's the stop and rest area of travellers,local and foreign tourists, to and from Sagada/Bontoc.Their food is ok. The temp was 11 deg at 12.30 noon.

Stayed overnight at the hotel.It's a small version of Banaue Hotel minus the terraces. At night, we found out that we had the hotel all to ourselves (parang Hotel California feeling). The only tv in the lobby was busted and all we could do was stay warm near the fireplace. It was 6 deg early morning. It's a one time experience but nothing really much to do. I'd be better off in Sagada or Banaue. And yes, the road from Baguio to Mt. Data Hotel is well paved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mt. Data Hotel