New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I've been in the "development" world for some time now. Evertime a foreign player comes in to either invest or give funds, they either give something to government officials or government officials asks something from them. Trust me on this. This practice is common in all of the "developing" countries I have gone to.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    I've been in the "development" world for some time now. Evertime a foreign player comes in to either invest or give funds, they either give something to government officials or government officials asks something from them. Trust me on this. This practice is common in all of the "developing" countries I have gone to.

totoong may ganito..d lng naman sa gov't yng ganyan..kht sa private existing din ang ganyan..tipong pang sip-sip or pang thank you..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mag lalagay daw sila ng crocodile farm.... kaya sa manila nila gusto hindi na kailangan mag dala ng Buwaya.. marami na kasi nag kalat sa manila...malalaki pa tiyan...hehehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    From the Philippine Star,

Gov't, Chinese group ink accord for Manila Oceanarium
    04/26 2:15:29 PM

A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA) and China Oceanis Group Ltd. (COGL) was signed Monday for the construction of a world-class Walk-Thru Oceanarium in the city of Manila.

The first of its kind in the country, the oceanarium project will be built at the Boardwalk behind the Quirino Grandstand in Luneta Park by a Chinese-Malaysian consortium.

The project, set under a 20 million US dollar redevelopment program, is designed to maximize the Boardwalk’s tourism potential.

PTA General Manager and Chief Executive Officer Robert Dean Barbers lamented that despite close to 300 million dollars in investment in the oceanarium by the previous administration, the project remains unfinished.

This time, construction of the oceanarium will be completed by 2006, Barbers said.

He added that the project is expected to generate 18-22 million dollars worth of investments, create 2,000 jobs and generate monthly earnings from rentals alone of 16.5 million pesos during the first five years of operation.

Rental rates are to be upgraded after five years, he said.

The oceanarium envisions to raise greater awareness of the country’s marine life, enhance environmental research and conservation and boost the country’s image as a leading tourist destination, Barbers said.

The Boardwalk was constructed along the offshore area behind the Luneta Park which was declared a Tourist Zone under Proclamation No. 69 in 1999.

Under the MOA, COGL agreed to operate some parts of the PTA Boardwalk for 25 years. The Oceanarium will showcase thousands of marine species, dining facilities, maritime discovery parks and promenade areas.

Barbers said, "Our efforts to convince foreign business to invest in the country’s growing tourism industry have finally bore fruit. I believe that the PTA is one of the first government agencies to bag such a profitable deal with a foreign investor."

"The PTA is confident that tourism, as a sunrise industry, is emerging as one of the most feasible roads to accelerate Philippine economic growth," he added.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    sana di maging problema yung mga di kumitang officials at titirahin na naman yung mga kumita.. hanggang sa matigil or mabitin yung projects na nakatiwangwang..hayyyy.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dang..sana maging successful...but this is verrrryyy risky on the investor's part ha..alam niyo naman ang maynila at ang manila bay..

pero sana maging ok.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sobrang traffic siguro nyan considering dun din itatayo ung SM's Mall of Asia.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Nakakaaliw man pero dayuhan pagmamay-ari pa rin sa bansang Pilipinas. Think of that. Ilan porsiyento kaya ng mga Pinoy ang makakayanang mabigyang-aliw ng mga ganyang proyekto. May kita ngang 16.5M pero sino kaya ang makikinabang. May pangako ngang 2libong trabaho pero tama kaya ang kita?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sana wag dayuhin ng mga jologs

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    isa din yun. lalo na ng mga criminals...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Manila Ocean Park