New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Im heading to Nueva Vizcaya (Solano, Bambang and Bayumbong).

Advise naman mga peeps the best route to go there na me mga stop over along the way. it wil be a 3 days trip.

Ano ano ang pede or expected na makitang magandang scenery sa daan papunta roon or malapit na city roon.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Manila to Solano I think di na aabot ng 300 km sir. Kung maaga ka, Sta. Rita exit ka na lang. Puro bayan madadaanan mo from Sta. Rita to Sn. Jose, fields lang makikita mo along the way. I would advise na mag stop over ka sa Cabanatuan or Sn. Jose dami na makakainan dun. After Sn. Jose, aakyat ka ng sta. Fe. Pagdating mo sa tuktok ( dalton pass ) may view deck doon. Pwede mo iakyat sasakyan mo hanggang view deck. Check mo rin kung may inihaw sila na baboy damo sa balete restaurant yata yun. Pagbaba mo Sta. Fe malapit na bambang. Mga 45 minutes na lang. Kung sa bayombong at solano magtatapos trip mo, punta ka na rin sa tuao. try mo buko pie nila. And i suggest akyat ka na rin ng banawe rice terraces. Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Masarap ang lugaw sa Sta. Fe. The place is immediately after you go down the mountain roads. Marami ka ring mabibiling items doon....

Solano should be a good stop over if you're planning to continue your trek to Banaue...

7404:laundry:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks mga peeps sa mga advise and points nyo.
    another question

How is the road from Aritao to Baguio. Me bagong gawang road doon and I think open na sya to public.

thanks uli

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Nakadaan na ko sa Aritao-Baguio road pero 2005 pa yun. Hindi pa sya kumpleto at may river crossing pa. May madadaanan na dam sa road na yun nakalimutan ko na pangalan. Puro bangin at bundok makikita dito, mas maganda umaga dumaan kasi kami inabot ng gabi hirap na makita daan. Kung tinuloy nila yung planong dadaanan ang labas nito ay sa La Trinidad malapit na dun sa toll gate ng Halsema Hi-way.
    Ingat na lang sir kung sakaling tutuloy kayo at feedback na rin

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I went to Baguio from Solano, Aritao, Kayapa route. Whew.... after three climb and two descent.... I thought di nako makakarating.

The road is pave alright pero no comparison sa kennon road sa taas hehehe. from aritao mga 15 km siguro ang sraight road after magsimua ang climb the longest straight road is 100 meters all the time its an S, L or U curve road. Took me 4+ hours to travel 107 Kms. 20-30 Kph ang max speed average.

Not much cars are using it when I passed through at 6AM. Not advisable to pass through this road at night. Walang residents doon lalo na sa mga steep climb eh iyon pa naman ang pinakamahaba.

Anyway, yeah the road is good pero make sure your vehicle is in tip top condition or atleast you know how to fix your car kung sakali or minalas mag break down ang sasakyan mo.

By the way QQ Chery AMT 800CC with 3 passengers ang dala ko and from Solano to Baguio I consumed 10+ Liters most of the time asa 2nd and 3rd gear lang ako because of the steep climb.

Pics to follow....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Whew! That is indeed an interesting drive, especially since you're "practically testing" a new ride......

Can't wait to see the pictures!

7505:bravo:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Its good to know that the road is already paved. The last time I was there only pick ups and trucks can use that road.

qman, did you happen to see a dam along the way?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just came from Isabela last week, meron mga stretch sa Sta fe na ginagawa so nagiging one way...and yun regular na meron pa rin lubak sa Sta fe... but all in all ok na yun daan... huwag ka lang gabi abutan sa Sta fe..ang daming trucks!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretShop View Post
    Its good to know that the road is already paved. The last time I was there only pick ups and trucks can use that road.

qman, did you happen to see a dam along the way?

Travelled the opposite way from Baguio to Aritao 2 weeks ago and passed through the Ambuklao Dam. The view there is really nice and further down to Bokod reminds me of Baguio 20 years ago, just pine trees all over the place. That was a slow ride- 4hours from Baguio to Aritao , but really a good one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Manila to Nueva Vizcaya