New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Which of the following luggage brand do you prefer in terms of durability?

- Tumi
    - Rimowa
    - Victorinox
    - Samsonite
    - Delsey
    - American Tourister
    - World Traveller
    - Wenger
    - Echolac
    - Elle
    - Urban
    - Voyager

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I retired my Echolac (carry-on) after 10 years.
    My Delsey (check-in) is on its 4th year.
    I got my second Samsonite backpack in 8 years.
    My Lowepro camera backpack is on its 5th year.
    My Northface shoulder bag is on its 6th year.

Lahat sila madudungis na! I travel every two months on the average for the pass 5 years.

I think all the luggages you mentioned can serve their purpose almost equally and you may longer want to use them but they are still usable.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Tumi.
    Samsonite.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    cartonite. .........

lahat yan ok. kahit yung mga nabibili sa sm.
    once bumili ako ng delsey. pricey pero maganda. pagbiyahe ko ng seoul, pag labas sa carousel, puro gasgas na.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    cartonite. .........

lahat yan ok. kahit yung mga nabibili sa sm.
    once bumili ako ng delsey. pricey pero maganda. pagbiyahe ko ng seoul, pag labas sa carousel, puro gasgas na.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

cartonite.same here, if i just travel to the filifins and back, i use cartonite, it is cheap, disposable and fits a whole lot of stuff. the baggage handlers don't really care if it is samsonite or louis vuitton or gucci luggage. they get tired too and they toss your bags regardless of brand or price just like any bag.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Get the best brands if budget is sky-high.

Pero nagresearch nako nito before I flew here in Canada.
    Tama, kapag checked-in luggage kahit na LV or Gucci pa yan, itatapon at ibabato pa rin yan ng mga luggage handlers.
    At malaki pa ang change ng theft kapag pricey-looking ang luggage mo.

One advice I heeded was "to buy the top of the line model of a usual-brand of luggage".
    Kaya I bought two checked-in luggages sa Megamall, ang brand Voyager which is usually mga 1,500-2,000 lang malaki na.
    But I opted for the P4,500 ones kasi top of the line nila yun.

Thrice used in international flights, ok na rin though may isang zipper na natanggal sa hook nya, no biggie.

Sa handcarry naman, i bought something more astig. Silver grayish sya na polycarbonate body, Carlton ang brand and I got it for P6,000 ata. Maganda sya na trolley, pangmayaman

I'm too careful lang sa trolley na yun kasi kapag polycarbonate talaga gasgasin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    yep, the robbers and pilferers target the bags or the bag owners who appear rich. in all briefings when we went to a foreign location when i was still in the service, we were always told to keep a low profile and never flash cash

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use samsonite and american tourister pag matagalan.
    laptop bag is oakley.
    overnighter is my northface knapsack.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    uy tamang tama...advisable po ba bumili ng army surplus bags? i was thinking about getting either a duffle bag or one of these

army-surplus-luggage.jpg

Note the three wheels at the base instead of two. That means the middle portion won't bulge out. Supposedly it's made out of military-grade dernier nylon so matibay dapat.

Those luggage with wheels are nice, but they're quite heavy on their own...e mala hoarder pa naman kami mag impake...one time my uncle even sent us native chicken eggs. By some miracle we only lost 2-3 when we got home :D

my "laptop bag" is a plastic shopping bag + my hawk backpack :D
    Last edited by badkuk; February 20th, 2014 at 10:33 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    uy tamang tama...advisable po ba bumili ng army surplus bags? i was thinking about getting either a duffle bag or one of these

army-surplus-luggage.jpg

Note the three wheels at the base instead of two. That means the middle portion won't bulge out. Supposedly it's made out of military-grade dernier nylon so matibay dapat.

Those luggage with wheels are nice, but they're quite heavy on their own...e mala hoarder pa naman kami mag impake...one time my uncle even sent us native chicken eggs. By some miracle we only lost 2-3 when we got home :D

my "laptop bag" is a plastic shopping bag + my hawk backpack :D

check with the iata specifications on checked and cabin luggage requirements for compliance. some airlines are very strict when it comes to dimensions and weight limitations.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast