New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Cebu Pacific will just tell you to get airline insurance next time you purchase ticket. Check the credit card used to purchase ticket if there is airline insurance included.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    just realized cebupac pala ang sinakyan nyong airline. Naku asa pa ka sa cebupac. noong december nga naka leche-leche ang thousands na passengers nila sa delayed flights wala man lang pang consuelo de bobo sa mga passengers naperwisyo. may fined nga silang 50M plus imposed ng gobyerno natin pero sa magnanakaw din 'to mapupunta

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I go on trips, I always get travel insurance, to cover incidents like lost baggage, missed connections, etc. The airline offers a token amount for reimbursement of lost baggage (check your ticket terms and conditions).

When I lost my check-in baggage on a trip due to an airline foul-up, I just bought clothes and new baggage using my credit card and reimbursed it thru travel insurance.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

That is the reason why, I always make it a point to bring at least 2 sets of clothing in my carry-on for any eventuality (unscheduled overnight stay, lost baggage etc)... However, it is a bit hard nowadays as they have a weight limit to your carry on,- and so, I insert some in my laptop bag....

Anyway,- hope that somebody mistakenly grabbed it and will return it to the airport. Any unclaimed baggage in the carousel?
    [A lady colleague did just that and realized it when she was already on the Skyway,- she immediately made a U-turn and returned the baggage,- to the delight of the other passenger,- and she rightfully got hers, too... )

Else,- long shot, bro.

Good luck and enjoy your trip, no matter what!

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.6K:grin2:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hay naku,- forgot to go to advanced mode,- heto na naman,- double post!!!

It is like losing my checked-in baggage.....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.6K:grin2:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    When I go on trips, I always get travel insurance, to cover incidents like lost baggage, missed connections, etc. The airline offers a token amount for reimbursement of lost baggage (check your ticket terms and conditions).

When I lost my check-in baggage on a trip due to an airline foul-up, I just bought clothes and new baggage using my credit card and reimbursed it thru travel insurance.
    Which is the smart thing to do. It's not that expensive really and you can buy it through an insurance company or insurance broker (not necessarily through the airline). A friend's husband got hospitalized in HK and the the travel insurance she had was worth its weight in gold.

Lost baggage happens especially if there's a sudden change in planes, or when you're photo finish for a connecting flight and it happens to any airline. I recall our Manila - Florida trip some years back. We barely made our connecting flight at LAX and right there and then i already knew our baggage would be left behind (we got it the next day). I also experienced someone else getting our stuff (stroller of my kid) and leaving it outside the airport arrival in HK. Buti nalang nakita ko when i was walking around looking for it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Good news! Turns out our luggage was left in the other aircraft nga. So we will be getting our luggage later tonight sa arriving flight ng cebupac. Pero i hope they delivery it to our hotel instead of me going back to the airport to get it. Anlayo pa naman ng airport! Anyway, thank you to everyone who replied. We do get insurance, kapag peak and monsoon season pero lesson learned na din, youll need it when you least expect it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by manilamako View Post
    Good news! Turns out our luggage was left in the other aircraft nga. So we will be getting our luggage later tonight sa arriving flight ng cebupac. Pero i hope they delivery it to our hotel instead of me going back to the airport to get it. Anlayo pa naman ng airport! Anyway, thank you to everyone who replied. We do get insurance, kapag peak and monsoon season pero lesson learned na din, youll need it when you least expect it.
    likewise lesson learned if its only possible travel light luggage and hand carry it instead of check-in. Enjoy your trip & don't forget pasalubong namin ah kahit na pansit lang. Bwahaha

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yan ang lagi kong iniisip whenever I travel. What if someone deliberately gets your baggage from the carousel? Wala naman sumisita. Wala naman nagchecheck ng baggage tag.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Another tip is to buy bags with "unusual" colors. Not the generic black, brown, grey stuff.

My wife's travel bag it bright orange, yung kakulay ng mga traffic cones. In most of our travels, wala pa ako nakikita na kapareho. And we would usually spot it once its out on the luggage carousel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast