Taramindu, my bad

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    tiramindu ba yun or tamarindu?
    Taramindu, my bad

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    salamat bro! been to coco grove pero im still looking forward to visit other resorts there. medyo malapit kasi sa manila kaya mas prefer ko yun place. saka mas malapit sa relatives ko sa san pablo city. my uncle told me na meron private resort daw dyan. small island daw, and you need to ride a boat to get there. sa dulo na daw yun. yun daw ang pinaka-ok. im not sure kung pano ka makakapunta dun since alam ko by invitation yata

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    from Canyon Woods Tagaytay/Lemery, Batangas, pano papunta sa Laiya?

san maganda magdaytrip dun? will be leaving this afternoon to Canyon Woods so we can go to Laiya when we wake up tom.

if malayo masyado, Matabungkay na lang kami.

thanks!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just arrived 5 hours ago from our trip to Laiya which will be very memorable, read on....

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we were referred to Acuatico Resort by the owner of Taramindu which was fully booked May3-4. Lo and behold, we were treated to a grand vacation by no less than the gracious owners of the resort Noli and Monette (hope I got the names right!). Wait, I did not get freebies but what I am referring to is the great service/time that we experienced from the owners and staff of the resort. I have been to a couple of resorts in Laiya i.e. La Luz / Blue Corrals and I must say that this new resort is outstanding!!!! You would never imagine that a beautiful resort can be had within Laiya given what you have already seen before. They had a soft opening last week of April and will be fully operational by July 2008. Right now, they get fully booked through referrals and word of mouth.

May3- left Manila at 750am expecting 3-3.5 hours of travel to Laiya from Paranaque given the splendor of travelling along Slex nowadays. I texted Monette (the owner) that we will have lunch at their resort as this was not included in the original package. Got lost somewhere as there is no clear signage only to find out, you will have to use the main entrance to parking of Blue Corrals and be prepared to find a small driveway leading to this unknown (?) resort. Went down to check in and have lunch as it was almost 1130am and we just travelled 130kms. We were greeted by a construction site at the back portion of the resort and later found out that this was actually the reception and restaurant to be finished by July 08. Ok, so what to expect from a resort that is half-baked? I was wrong as I walked down further to see a very awesome sight at Laiya. The rooms , villas, pool resto, 4 pools complete with fountain and an infinity inspired pool that made a magnificent piece of the shoreline. Visitors from all ages will have a good choice of where to wade after attacking the beach fronting the resort. Unlike neighboring resorts, the bottom of the water in the beach is very clear and not rocky at all. We were served lunch that is foreign in this part of the world. I have tried the food of La Luz and Blue Corral, but nothing compares to the hands of their chef who worked before in El Nido. In fact, some of their lunch guests are not booked with them but from neighboring resorts. Saturday afternoon was spent in the beach and in the pool(s) as we try to get a good tan. The staff made me feel like king and this is the same observation given by my wife and two kids. I felt like i had a private lifeguard and security making sure that their boss was A ok! Dinnertime and this is something I was also looking forward to see if there was consistency in the greatness of their menu. And yes, they made me and my family full for the evening despite the long walk we took before dinner along the shoreline. I had the chance to reach Taramindu and observe the evening wedding reception that was taking place. Time to go to bed and use their HDTV flat screens complete with cable. Linen, beds, comfort rooms were all clean and you can actually see the details put in the construction of their villas. Got to talk to the owner and I can see the conviction of husband and wife in making aquatico the place to be in Laiya in no time. I just found out that the owner is a Tourism graduate of UP and this made me wonder less. She has had experience of being a front office manager of Traders Hotel for close to 10 years. Resigned to pursue another line of work and now back as the GM of the resort. That night, she had a couple of consultants to observe and give inputs as to how they can improve their service before they open with a bang. By the way, there were a couple of walk-in visitors wanting to check in but the resort was full!

Sunday- woke up at 715am to have breakfast and they just continued to impress me and my family. Danggit that wasnt salty at all, tinapa, fried and plain rice, fruits, tomato and salted egg plus juice of course. Not the usual oily longganisa or tocino plus cluttered eggs I had before in another resort. The rest of the morning was again spent frolicking the beach and trying all their pools . Service staff were all over me making sure that I had ash tray if I needed one, hand over beach towels, transfer canopies where we want them to be and look after my slippery four -year old at times. Tried the kayak for a few minutes but it just wont work if you have 2 kids who do not know how to balance and cooperate. There were a couple of ogglers and visitors from the resorts inquiring for their next visit. Had late lunch while watching the fight of dela Hoya in their wide HDTV at the poolside bar and resto. Checked out after taking a quick shower and lo and behold, there were two attendants waiting outside our room to lend a hand. Call that service

Enuf as we were spoiled for two days and I do not know if they can sustain this. I hope that this kind of a team will continue to excel and prove that it can be done. I am just afraid when the time comes that they are operating at full capacity and quality service will be compromised. Given what I have seen and experienced, I dont think this will happen.

Upside- awesome place and service. Rooms with HDTV, very good AC, finely decorated rooms, comfy beds, great food, very nice pools and beach front, whole place is clean and meticulously designed,etc.....

Downside - place is pricey but worth it! For a family of 2 adults and 2 kids both below 12, I spent 5k for the room and 3k for the food that included 2 lunches and 1 dinner. Rooms are small as compared to the other resorts.

Btw, most of Laiya suffered quite a number of intermittent brown outs due perhaps to overload. I am just afraid that it might just ruin the brand new equipment that is definitely expensive.

Here are the pics and you be the judge

Oh yeah, I made a provisional booking for May24 as they are open May24 and May31. You may still catch some rooms and kill me if you didnt like their service

Watch out for this resort and do not tell me that I didnt tell you about it

Thanks to tsikot again!!!
    Last edited by fireblade; May 5th, 2008 at 12:13 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    More pics...

8. Join Date
    May 2005

9. Join Date
    May 2005

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Last but not the least...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
LAIYA sa Batangas. Pls. suggest a place!