New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hello Guys,
    I'm planning to tour my old folks around the Laguna de Bay before the year ends. It will be a day tour for two cars (Paj and Vanette). I never been in this place before except in UP LB (that's the farthest I reached on that area). I will be coming from QC which would be my starting point, alabang, los banos, paete angono will be the route i'm planning to take. I want to try to famous exotic restaurant somewhere in rizal province. Suggest naman kayo kung ano ang mga importanteng location na pwede naming daanan. If you knew site presenting tour plan on this area paki send na rin. Kung nagawa na ninyo ito before share naman nyo yun trip nyo. Tour map and destination will help a lot.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    the actual laguna loop is medyo malayo, well farther that what i expected. from Q.C. the usual fuel stop would be either shell of petron sa nlex then after that you can drop by calamba laguna to go and visit rizals place. after that punta kayo pansol if you want na magswim sa hotspring. the next destination would be Los Banos, UPLB to be exact and there madami kayo magagawa. you can climb mt makiling and punta kayo sa hotsprings or sa may flat rocks (same route lang namna yun eh) after that pwede kayo bumili sa Animal Husbandry ng dairy products.(white cheese, milk, chocomilk, ice cream and yogurt) then you can buy Buko pie. (i can only suggest 2 brands, original or lettys) you can also have a picnic in UPLB for lunch. Sa may vega arcade(the mini mall near the UPLB main gate) you can try the Bugong chicken, their own version of kenny rogers or you can try the binalot( adobo, binagoongan, liempo etc wrapped in banana leaves and served with tomatoes and salted eggs)located near the landbank along the main street going to the campus.

after your stop in Los banos you go straight na going to the direction of Sta Cruz, the towns capital then the next town would be Pagsanghan. you can try shooting the rapids here ( an exciting boat ride through the pagsanhan river. ) if ever you would like to avail of this service be sure to go to the legitimate Bangkeros and not the ones who flag you along the highway. i can suggest that you go to the Pagsanhan Rapids Hotel to avail of the boat ride. (the rates are the same whichever resort you goto exept for those freelance boat paddlers who would charge you cheaper but when you're already in the falls they threaten to leave you there unless you give them more money)

After pagsanghan is the town of Lumban, you can buy beautiful embroidery here at a low price (my dad buys his barongs here)

after lumban you can go up to caliraya, a man made lake made by the americans to supply power to the nearby areas. you can have a picnic here and you can drop by the beautiful japanese garden / park.

Next stop would be paete laguna where you can beautiful woodcrafts

After paete you will pass by the EXOTIC restaurant along the highway you won't miss it because its a big restaurant on your right.

the next stop probably would be the antipolo church where you can buy other goodies.

I hope this could help, these all came from my memory and kung may details na malabo pasensya na lang po. kung may question ka try ko sagutin hanggang kaya

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    regarding the exotic restaurant 2 po yun. one is in laguna and one is in rizal. baka po malito kayo

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    suggestion ko lang since you will be starting at QC, why don't you go the other way? start w/ antipolo, teresa, tanay to laguna. as you cross the mountains there is a portion where you can stop & see a good view of laguna lake. less traffic pa w/ this route since you skipped pansol. problem lang you will be passing exotic restaurant early. considering the proposed itenerary of kicker15 medyo kulang ang 1 day since most of the time you will be driving. we just went there last week to buy some carvings at paete & we ate at exotic. i would suggest stay kayo sa lagos del sol at caliraya. maybe on the 1st day you can shop at paete & lumban, shoot the rapids at pagsanjan then spend the night at lagos. then next day hit los banos before going home. at least hindi kayo nagmamadali.
    sayang hindi ko nakunan ng gps readings yung route.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Kicker thanks... your info will help define my plan. I'm working on some map to put some travel time between destinations. At least by now I have some reference to start to. Ang dami mong binangit na place ha. Kaya kaya yan ng 1 day lang? thanks..By the way sa SLEX yun petron at shell di sa NLEX ha...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir you can visit waypoints.ph. daming info doon. yan ang pinupuntahan ko pag may mga activities kami ng grupo at gusto namin out-of-town. although hindi na updated yung ibang info.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    oo nga pala sa slex yun sorry. binigay ko lang yung mga pwede mo gawin dyan sa laguna loop tour na yan. personally for me uplb then caliraya, then paete tapos akin kayo sa exotic. kaya na ng 1 day yan

yung pagsanhan shooting the rapids pwede ng 1 day din yung tapos mag lb kayo.

dami pwede possibilities.

mas maganda din siguro yung baliktarin mo yung route para yung pauwi highway ka na lang kesa mag zigzag ka pa sa antipolo

yung gf ko nagdrive all the way gusto ako batukan ang layo kasi and to think uplb lang punta namin tapos sa other side kami dumaan. pauwi ako na nagdrive

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    for me less hassle if you go the other way instead of slex & its more scenic.

i forgot nga pala waypoints.ph. meron din akong contri doon pero mostly vizmin area.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    boss fileld master,

you can try going to the mountain towns ( magdalena - picturesque churches, majayjay, liliw - cheap shoes, bags, etc.) after you visit caliraya. kung matuloy ka, let me know - by the way, am from pagsanjan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Laguna!!!! ng ito ay marating ko para bang akoy nag bago.. remember the song heheheh

nothing to say more nasabi na nila lahat...

Balaw Balaw Restaurant sa mag Angono yata yon di ko pa na try.. pero exotic daw mga food

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Laguna Lake Tour