New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Ok pang gamitin yung green passport namin for Vietnam, pero di na puwede sa SK.
    Do you know what is the reason you can't use it in South Korea? I just came from the States with my GREEN PASSPORT (expires 2011) and so far no problems. Ibig mo sabihin mas istrikto sila sa SK kaysa sa USA?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    another thing, is there a DFA hotline for my newbie questions? nahihiya na kase ako e
    737-1000... dito sa number na ito ako tumatawag.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Do you know what is the reason you can't use it in South Korea? I just came from the States with my GREEN PASSPORT (expires 2011) and so far no problems. Ibig mo sabihin mas istrikto sila sa SK kaysa sa USA?
    nope, it's because of Galastus passport validity, he and his wife will leave for SK in November and his passport is only good until March 2011, so that's roughly 4 months validity.

you need to have at least 6 months validity left in your passport to travel abroad.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    nope, it's because of Galastus passport validity, he and his wife will leave for SK in November and his passport is only good until March 2011, so that's roughly 4 months validity.

you need to have at least 6 months validity left in your passport to travel abroad.
    Thanks for the clarification, Shadow.

The only reason I ask is that there's a lot of disinformation going around that some countries don't recognize our GREEN PASSPORTS anymore and so a lot of Filipinos have been duped into converting to the MACHINE READABLE ones even when their GREEN PASSPORTS have 2 or more years validity.

I almost fell for this disinformation myself and had to ask the DFA.

5. Join Date
    May 2006

sadly, not all guys with passport know this specific requirement... dapat there should be a note somewhere inside our passport saying this thing.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I think travel agencies are reminding their clients about this and visa requirements of a country whenever you make bookings.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boybi, kung ako saiyo pa renew mo na lang diyan sa regional branch ng DFA sa inyo, meron kasing ibang Embassies na hinde na tumatanggap ng green passport natin pag mag apply ka ng visa.
    Sa HK lang naman ang punta, so no need for visa. Does this mean ok pa yung green passport? Sa son ko and yaya yung green passport, the rest of the family e naka brown passports na.

Sana pwede pa yung green passport para next summer nalang sila magrenew.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    gusto ko lang po iconfirm kung di na tumatanggap ng walk-in applicants ang DFA? need pa ba talaga ng appointment or reservation or something? may nakapagsabi kase saken e, yoko maniwala.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yup wala nang walk-in sa DFA ngayon.. lahat courier system na.. then pa sched for picture taking and signature..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    gusto ko lang po iconfirm kung di na tumatanggap ng walk-in applicants ang DFA? need pa ba talaga ng appointment or reservation or something? may nakapagsabi kase saken e, yoko maniwala.
    walk-in lang ang ginawa ko last week sa pampanga regional office. pagkuha pa lang ng appointment schedule yun.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
How to apply for a Phil. passport? for first timers.