New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ano meron dun? I'll be going there this Holy Week kse eh. What to do there? What to expect? I'll be coming from Manila via Iloilo.

Also, I also need advise on my trip kse sa March 22, I'll be flying from Iloilo to Cebu, leaving at 9am. Should I go to Iloilo on March 21 instead or is there a boat that can take me to the mainland from Guimaras at 6am on the 22?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ang alam ko, mango from guimaras lang ang allowed sa ibang bansa like the US of A and Australia...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    there are a lot of bancas that travel to and from guimaras and iloilo. there are a lot of beaches also. I suggest taht you hire a boat and go around the island.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Ano meron dun? I'll be going there this Holy Week kse eh. What to do there? What to expect? I'll be coming from Manila via Iloilo.

Also, I also need advise on my trip kse sa March 22, I'll be flying from Iloilo to Cebu, leaving at 9am. Should I go to Iloilo on March 21 instead or is there a boat that can take me to the mainland from Guimaras at 6am on the 22?

Thanks in advance!!
    nature trip pag guimaras. and yes. dami beach. hindi pa ganun ka develop ang guimaras kasi. so wala gano gimik. dati magagandang beach is nasa nueva valencia. kaso ewan ko lang ngayon after ng oil spill kung ok pa. ikutin mo na lang buong island. rent ka motorboat. dati 2,500 ok na. ewan ko lang ngayon. saka ganitong time for sure maalon ang dagat.

kung galing ka ng buenavista, guimaras, pwede ka mag rent ng boat for 350 pesos going back to iloilo kahit anong oras. pero as early as 5 o'clock am, may mga byahe na din naman. pero much better kung umuwi ka na ng iloilo sa 21. inilipat na kasi airport. dati sa manduriao lang. sakop pa ito ng iloilo city. ngayon sta. barbara na. baka magka aberya e di ka pa umabot.

enjoy sir!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are boats plying the channel regularly... but it's better to go to Iloilo a day before and take in the nightlife/restos in Iloilo before going to the Airport the next day.

There's Isla Naburot on Guimaras... try to ask the locals for a good beach as well.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Well aside from the usual nature tripping (beaches galore), you could go to Balaan Bukid where a very large cross overlooking the entire guimaras island and iloilo is erected. you could also visit the carmelite monastery there and buy guava jams (yummy if i may say so). Pagbalik mo sa iloilo after nature tripping you could give me a call here in iloilo if u like. . . .

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Maganda daw beaches dito, you can try diving if ever you dive naman. According to my friend, they got beautiful reefs there.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Well aside from the usual nature tripping (beaches galore), you could go to Balaan Bukid where a very large cross overlooking the entire guimaras island and iloilo is erected. you could also visit the carmelite monastery there and buy guava jams (yummy if i may say so). Pagbalik mo sa iloilo after nature tripping you could give me a call here in iloilo if u like. . . .
    Cge bossing! PM me your digits! hehehe! Gimik tayo!

Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    nature trip pag guimaras. and yes. dami beach. hindi pa ganun ka develop ang guimaras kasi. so wala gano gimik. dati magagandang beach is nasa nueva valencia. kaso ewan ko lang ngayon after ng oil spill kung ok pa. ikutin mo na lang buong island. rent ka motorboat. dati 2,500 ok na. ewan ko lang ngayon. saka ganitong time for sure maalon ang dagat.

kung galing ka ng buenavista, guimaras, pwede ka mag rent ng boat for 350 pesos going back to iloilo kahit anong oras. pero as early as 5 o'clock am, may mga byahe na din naman. pero much better kung umuwi ka na ng iloilo sa 21. inilipat na kasi airport. dati sa manduriao lang. sakop pa ito ng iloilo city. ngayon sta. barbara na. baka magka aberya e di ka pa umabot.

enjoy sir!
    Salamat po! How far is the airport from the seaport? How do I get there?

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    There are boats plying the channel regularly... but it's better to go to Iloilo a day before and take in the nightlife/restos in Iloilo before going to the Airport the next day.

There's Isla Naburot on Guimaras... try to ask the locals for a good beach as well.
    Spending a night in Iloilo seems more logical to me. Mahirap na kse baka mamaya maalon at dawn eh madilim pa nun. Thanks!

To everyone, thanks for the info! Keep 'em coming!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Nga pala, what to do there aside from the island boat ride and beach? What about food? Mura ba? Budget is kinda tight. Also, how the drinking water?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    LEt's see if I can still remember...

The old airport kasi was just within the city lang before (mandurriao), but now they transferred to Sta Barbara (I think), which is around an hour or so from the City...

Ferry services to Guimaras is at Muelle Loney (i think)...its the same area where Supercat is, that ferries going to Bacolod.

The short boat ride will take you to Jordan (about 15 minutes * 15 bucks before, not sure now how much)

Oopss..bawal nga pala magdala ng mangoes coming from outside Guimaras

You can circle the island either by renting a boat or multicab by land. In this case, I chose the multicab. Kaya mo ikutin ung buong province in about 4-5 hours with stops to places like the Provincial capitol, the Trappist Monastery, Nueva Valencia, Sibunag and Lorenzo.

The main road network just circles the island kaya cgurado di ka maliligaw.

Good beaches are in Nueva Valencia like Raymen, Alona, Freelance & Rumagangrang, etc.

If you are into night life, do not expect anything at Guimaras. The province is just serene and perfect getaway from the hussles of a city.

Oks naman drinking water pero might as well bring some before hopping in.

Enjoy dude!

May mga island beaches din like Isla Naburot and Nagarao Island (Sibunag)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Guimaras