New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hello to all.

Just wanted to get opinions about driving up to Baguio this Good Friday.

I will be driving up kasi this week but I have to return on Maundy Thursday for my Dads birthday dinner and will return to Baguio after to stay until the Wednesday after Holy Week.

I am planning to leave the car and take the bus going back (the Victory Express) around 11:15 PM Maundy Thursday but I realized that I will be taking the bus back with the rest of my family who was left in Baguio so that would mean I would be paying for a total of 5 tickets, or roughly 4K including cab fare.

So this is just about 500 pesos less than what I expect to pay for taking the car again but my problem is driving to Baguio on a Good Friday.

How safe is it to leave Manila at say 2AM and drive to Baguio via Kennon?

I would be arriving there just after sunrise or even before with no traffic so I was thinking about the visibility aspect. By the way I am using Narva all weather bulbs so I have relatively decent visibility in light fog.

Is it advisable at all or am I better off taking the bus?

Thanks in advance for the advise and opinions.
    Last edited by thetoywizard; March 25th, 2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    May mga area na walang street lights. If you have 20/20 vision and an experienced night time driver then it should be generally safe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Night driving is not a problem, ok pa nga yun brod kasi less trafic. Ang problema lang pag umulan dahil sa possibleng lanslide sa Kennon lalo ngayon na may low pressure.

Ang justification, it depends upon the weather kung mag car or commute ka.

On the other hand, para sa safety plus mas tipid pa kung commute, at di ka pa pagod sa pagmamaneho.

Driving up to Baguio on Good Friday in time for sunrise....