New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Naghahanap lang po ng info about Cebu Pac airline....

We are planning to go to Hong Kong for a "rest and recreation". Before, we used to go by the major airlines like PAL or Cathay Pacific. But the growing family necesitates that we at least save on our hard-earned cash by going "budget" this time. Noong kami lang nin Mrs ang pumupunta sa HK, Ok lang mag Cathay. Pero mayroon nang dumagdag na 4 na abobot -- kaya dapat magtipid (he,he, he.) The thing is, I really don't want to take the cheapest airline to HK without realising that the "cheap" airline also sacrificed their safety and maintenance record to save money. (I think I heard of one incidence of Cebu Pac plane crashing in Cagayan(?). Don't know if it was true.)If Cebu Pac is not the best of the current budget airlines, which one is best.? Of the alternatives (like Dragonair, Tiger Airways etc) - what are their records with regards to safety and time-keeping?

Another reason why I would like to find out their time-keeping records is that we plan to connect to another airline once in HK. We really do not want to miss our connecting flight because of poor time-keeping of the airline we decide to take.

I thank you all in advance................

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cebu pacific and CR airways are the only budget airlines that fly to HK. cebupac takes off from NAIA while CR airways uses Clark airport. i haven't tried CR airways yet so i comment on its safety or promptness. cebupac, like PAL, also isn't always on time. so if you'll take a connecting flight, just make sure you have a couple of hours in between your flights. anyway, you won't get bored waiting for your next flight in the new HK airport.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah ok talaga HK airport...dami shops and restos...better than malls here pa hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and free wifi pa.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Tama, cheapest pa rin Cebu Pacific Book in advance para makuha mo yung cheapest

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    yeah ok talaga HK airport...dami shops and restos...better than malls here pa hehe
    At dati pag may Citibank Gold Master or visa Card, pwede mo gamit yun Northwest Airlines Lounge sa HK airport kahit anung carrier sakay mo(may all you can drink na juice, beers, hard drinks at all you can eat na food) Pati lounge sa Manila pwede rin pero wala na ngayn ganung deal e Pero ibang credit card meron pa yata e

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but if you'll book for a flight that will depart in a week or 2, cebupac will not be cheap. most of the time, PAL is cheaper.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi Mang Ponso, why do need connecting flight? If you are from the south take Cebupac CEB-HKG or Cathay CEB-HKG. All airlines practice safety not only in maintenance but also on board safety. Plan your vacation well especially traveling with children....Sometimes BUDGET can be more expensive.. budget ka nga but di naman kayo nag enjoy...maximize your time in HK ang get a safe and comfortable place hotel.... Enjoy your vacation..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mga Sirs, Ginangs and Binibinis... maraming salamat po sa mga info. Cebu Pac na siguro kami kukuha ng ticket.

*Isuzoom... The reason we would be needing a connecting flight to HK is that we are also thinking of getting a "budget" airline to London, England. There is this new "budget" airline to main cities in Europe called oaisishongkong (www.oasishongkong.com). They are currently offering a third off (maybe more)the prices of major airlines to Europe. Direct flight pa (around 11+ hrs ang flight.) Kung mayroon pang natitira sa budget, baka pwede ring pumunta sa Rome, Italy or Paris, France via Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) -- one of the major players of "budget" airlines in Europe. From Ryanair's website, you can go to Rome from London for less than £60pp (again depending on how early you book the flights.) Every booking needs to be done online. Another "budget" airline in Europe is Easyjet (www.easyjet.com). Just planning lang.... kasi malapit na vacation ng mga bata --- kailanngan silang (at kami ni misis) mag-enjoy kahit sandali man lang...

Once again, maraming salamat po.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Budget pero abot hanggang Europe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Cebu Pacific...is this the best budget airline to HK and SE Asia?