New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    People In Asia Are Sick Of Western ‘Begpackers’ Asking Locals To Fund Their Travels For Them

Travel is truly one of the best things that a person can do – it broadens the mind, fosters empathy with people of all races and cultures and creates memories that last a lifetime. However, travel is a luxury and a privilege that only a fraction of the world's population can afford.

So when Western people, with all the privileges we hold, are found 'begpacking' on the streets of developing countries, it can leave a sour taste. Tourism is a vital source of income in many countries; we should travel in such a way that maximizes the benefits for local people and businesses. Sponging off the kindness of strangers to further our own selfish travel goals is just not on! If you can't afford to travel, stay at home until you earn enough money to do it ethically.

Authorities in some countries have had enough, and now immigration officers on the Indonesian island of Bali have started sending these 'begpackers' to their embassies to get themselves sorted out. "We have seen many cases of problematic tourists, lately they are either Australian, British or Russian," one official said. "We tend to report these cases to the relevant embassies so that they can oversee their citizens who are on holiday."

While we don't know the context behind these pictures - some of these people might genuinely have been a victim of some misfortune - others are clearly just looking for a free ride around the world.

What do you think about this phenomenon? Have you traveled on a tight budget before? Have you ever found yourself needing help in a foreign country? Do you see a problem with this kind of 'begpacking?' Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Saw This Foreigner Begging To Travel To Thailand Next To An Elderly Woman Who Is Collecting Junk In Order To Resale To Survive

- - -

In A Very Working Class Neighbourhood That Has Been Especially Hard Hit By The Typhoon How You Have The Nerve To Beg For Money To Fund Your Travels Around Asia Is Completely Beyond Me

- - - - -

Begpacker In Seoul

-- - - - - -

Begpacker In Hong Kong

People In Asia Are Sick Of Western ‘Begpackers’ Asking Locals To Fund Their Travels For Them (29 Pics) | Bored Panda

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I technically encountered one in Osaka last April.

"technically" since she's African with a thick Southern accent.

She was asking for money since (according to her) she's on a solo trip and woke up with everything gone.

I told her to go to her embassy!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yolo generation eh

and there's so much posts on socmed where everyone's traveling so everyone's fomo

lots of news articles about people quitting their jobs to travel

kaya inisip ng mga tao "hey i can do that too"

ayun

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I don’t get it. May mga naloloko pa sila. I work hard for my money & mga travels ko scheduled at pinagiisipan. Tapos etong mga ito hihingi ng pera to go around the world to have fun?
    Parang yung nangyari recently, I think sa Palawan. Nag try sila na makalibre sa resort, in exchange of positive reviews sa social media. Tawag sa kanila “influencers”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    They are just abusing the soft heatedness of most asians.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kapal ng mukha ng mga so-called influencer/travel bloggers

ung mga konti lang followers humihingi ng free stay kapalit ng post

a few thousand followers lang feeling influencer na

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kapal ng mukha ng mga so-called influencer/travel bloggers

ung mga konti lang followers humihingi ng free stay kapalit ng post

a few thousand followers lang feeling influencer na
    Totoo yan.

May nakukuha akong email at DMs ng mga ex-deal daw para post nila products ko

Kakapal ng mukha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Travelling around the world with little to no budget then competing for donations with people who actually need help....
    Those begpackers took the meaning of the word loser to a whole new level lmao.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ito sample, kanina ko natanggap

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Totoo yan.

May nakukuha akong email at DMs ng mga ex-deal daw para post nila products ko

Kakapal ng mukha

reply to the influencer:

Hi, i noticed you only have 20,000 followers

Message me again when you have at least 200,000

thanks bye

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast