New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Had anyone tried bringing their lovable pet dog with them out of the country? I'm planning to bring with me my pet shihtzu (her name is Dora btw) on vietnam this coming march. I've just checked DFA and other foreign affairs website pero wala pa din info or guidelines regarding this issue.

baka po meron dito sa FAS na nasubukan na bringing with them their pet dog or cat.

TY

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You might find this helpful

REGULATIONS FOR THE MOVEMENT OF PET CATS AND DOGS INTO VIETNAM FROM THIRD COUNTRIES

The instructions, import application and veterinary certificate are available.

Order online at: http://www.pettravelstore.com/store-pet-immigration-forms1.html

Vietnam does NOT require that the pet be micro chipped although when traveling internationally it is always recommended.

A licensed veterinary must complete the international health certificate stating that the pet is health enough to travel, is free of parasites and is free of diseases communicable to humans. The pet must be vaccinated for rabies at least 30 days prior to entering Vietnam.

The Vietnam veterinary certificate accompanied with the pet's inoculation record creates the pet passport for Vietnam.

Failure to comply with these regulations will not only mean that the pet is refused entry but that the relevant authority in consultation with an authorized vet can decide to return the pet home, or place the pet in quarantine at the expense of the owner or natural person responsible for pet; or as a last resort, without financial compensation, put the pet down where the return trip home or quarantine cannot be envisaged.

All other pets (birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits) are not subject to the regulations in respect of the anti-rabies vaccination but may have to meet other requirements as to a limit on the number of animals and a certificate to accompany them in respect of other diseases. Owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.

The import application, instructions for entry and veterinary certificate as well as the 15 digit microchips are available from Pet Travel, Inc.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For more info contact the Vietnamese Embassy to Manila

http://www.vietnamembassy-philippines.org/en/

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, check the airline regulations as well since they may have rules on how or where to stow the animal. If its a small pet, I think you're allowed to bring it in the cabin provided that it is in a cage or pet carrier.

Bringing your lovable pet dog out of the country?