1.Rome,Italy -roman empire's ruin & palaces,St.Peter's
    2.Germany -Holocaust's places
    3.Jerusalem,Israel -birthplace of christianity
    4.U.S. cemeteries -where rich & famous rest in peace
    5.Boracay,Philippines -

canceled the rest of middle east due to sectarian & political conflicts

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also would like to go to Jerusalem and Mecca. when i went to London and Paris i was absolutely awed by the amount of history that i saw there...baka hindi na ako makapagsalita when i see the place where three major religions began.

what's the best place to go to in the Philippines? Boracay pa rin ba? or Palawan or someplace else?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    visited so far;

a) melbourne
    b) tokyo
    c) hamilton

like to visit:

a) sydney
    b) orlando
    c) rome
    d) cebu
    e) rio, brazil

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    what's the best place to go to in the Philippines? Boracay pa rin ba? or Palawan or someplace else?
    IMO Palawan, Panglao, Tubbataha, Pagudpud and Batanes. Masyado ng...."bilasa" (personal opinion, no offense meant) ang Boracay. Hinde na sya kasing linis, kasing quaint at kasing ganda nung dati. Although maganda pa rin naman, masyado ng commercialized.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    top 5 best places i've visited:

a. San Francisco, Cali. - sarap ng weather
    b. St. Louis, Missouri - tama ang weather, laid back ang place.
    c. London, England - tutyal and historical ang place. when i was there, got the change to visit the stonehenge.
    d. Davao, Ph - i really love the place.
    e. Sydney, Aus

want to visit:

a. Israel - the Holy Land
    b. Athens, Greece
    c. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (hehehehe. need i say more?)
    d. Paris, France
    e. Moscow, Ru

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw...nakapunta na pala ako sa Palawan. it was during the late 80's before there was any kind of infrastructure. outrigger boats pa yung gamit namin...it was such a pain in the ass. pero enjoy din once nandun na kami. i guess it's easier to get there now and more convenient to stay.

i don't remember why it didn't make my top 5. perhaps i was just a kid and couldn't properly appreciate the beauty of what i was observing...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    1. New York City. A side of the U.S. that's the most unique. You go to any city in the U.S. they are all the same. New York is the best.
    2. Nice, France. Most romantic place I've ever been to. Got a glimpse of the Monaco Grand Prix. Rolls-Royce class vehicles were a dime a dozen
    3. Prague, Czech Republic- 2nd most romantic city I've ever been to. The city looks like it was patterned after a fairy tale.
    4. Vancouver, Canada- Everything is 20 minutes away. Snow, beaches, party strips, and the most culturally diverse cuisine.
    5. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The aura of being in a completely different world. Very unsafe due to theft and hold ups but the danger adds to the flavor of the place. Beautiful beaches, people, infrastructure, food...wow.

Places I want to see (too many to mention) :
    South Africa (the Northeastern Side)
    South Korea
    Kyoto, Japan
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Palau
    Maldives
    New Zealand
    Scandinavia
    Eastern Europe
    and many, many more!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From my limited travel experience, here's my take on this:

1. Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines - this is one of the best place to go here in the Philippines. not overcrowded and super-commercialized like Bora & Galera but the beach is to die for. not to mention the low cost of accomodation & food over there.

2. Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit (aka Bangkok or translated: The city of angels, the great city, the residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city (of Ayutthaya) of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn.), Thailand. This is a food heaven as far as a chili head like me is concerned! Even the street food is very good and clean to boot. The palaces & temples are worth the visit.

I would love to go to:

Milan, Italy (design heaven)
    Ghey Paris, France
    Nurburgring, Germany (all certified car fanatics dreams of driving around The Ring at least once before they die)
    London, England (very rich in history & culture)

actually, I would love to do a cross country drive across Europe someday (London to Rome sounds nice).

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Visited:

1.Corfu,Greece (This island is amazing- and don't forget to visit Paleokastritsa- best beach i've ever been to)

2. Amsterdam(for obvious reasons,hehehe)

3.Rome/Vatican City

4.Prague,Czech Rep (if u value architecture, and it's cheap)

5.Niagara Falls (you must ride the maid of the mist to really enjoy ur visit)

Would like to vist:

1. Ibiza,Spain (oh the stories that i heard)

2.Austria (some says it's more beautiful that Switzerland)

3. Warsaw,Poland (i have an obsession about the Holocaust and i really wanted to see those concentration camps, or maybe Tribeca.

4.Israel (I guess every Christian should visit Israel- and again, i'm obsessed with Judaism/Jewish Culture and i want to experience living in Kibbutz or probably not)

5. Phuket,Thailand.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    my top 5:
    1. boracay
    2. great wall of china
    3. disneyland in california
    4. skiing at south korea
    5. mt. pinatubo

i want to visit
    1. europe> paris, france, italy>eiffel tower
    2. egypt> for the pyramid and a camel ride