New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We are planning a trip to Banaue, Sagada and Baguio on the 3rd week of May. I've never been to Banaue and Sagada. Hopefully guys you could recommend a good place to stay. There will be 6 of us and I will use my Grand Starex in this trip. May I also ask the road condition between Banaue, Sagada and Baguio and how long is the travel time. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello po! I just arrived yesterday from Sagada and it was really a very loooooong trip!

Anyways, here's where you can stay:

Sagada: http://www.rockfarmsagada.com/
    http://churyaa.org/

Banaue: http://www.philtourism.com/bhyh_desc.html
    http://www.southtravels.com/asia/phi...es/banaue.html

Regarding the roads, marami pa ring mga 1 lane especially dun sa place na mag hihiwalay na yung daan going towards Sagada or Bontoc.

Kung galing ka ng Baguio, it will take 5 hours more.

Pag galing ka sa Manila, Banaue then Sagada, it will take you around 12-14 hours kase madaming mga malalaking trucks lalu na sa Nueva Vizcaya!

Ingat na lang po sa mga 1 way at nasira ng landslide roads.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wow! thanks for the quick reply Lady Rider. I'm sure you enjoyed your vacation.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    No problem po! Yes we really enjoyed our vacation!

We conquered Sagada and we survived! Hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by motegi View Post
    Wow! thanks for the quick reply Lady Rider. I'm sure you enjoyed your vacation.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by motegi View Post
    We are planning a trip to Banaue, Sagada and Baguio on the 3rd week of May. I've never been to Banaue and Sagada. Hopefully guys you could recommend a good place to stay. There will be 6 of us and I will use my Grand Starex in this trip. May I also ask the road condition between Banaue, Sagada and Baguio and how long is the travel time. Thanks.
    I did the mountain trail for 3 weeks in feb. and 3 weeks in mar.

If you are 6

Day 1 Banaue Hotel(Jump off point) You can also do a day tour of banawe
    from here.(Big parking space/secured, swimming pool if you want it,)
    Try the dorm room/hostel 6 pax per room 500petot/pax to include breakfast.
    If you want an expensive room they have it too. Buffet is 490petot.
    Day 2 and 3 stay at batad. Stay at traditional village 300php per pax per night.
    This will be a tour of rice terraces and nearby falls. Leave your car at Banaue hotel. Jeeps only to batad at 2500 drop off and 2500 pick up charges. Local Guide is 1200 per day, get one. It is worth it.
    Day 4 Head for Sagada 3 hours travel time from banaue. No need for a guide in Sagada. I recommend George's. I LOVE SAGADA. Rates are volatile
    in Sagada so book in advance.
    Day? Mountain Trail(Halsema Highway) to Bagiuo 6 hours if suicidal.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-d...-the-world.php

http://dangerousroads.org/asia/82-ha...ilippines.html

You will enjoy this highway. Plus picture taking at highest point in the
    PHL Highway system. You can also stop by other sites along the way.
    Allot 1 day to arrive at bagiuo 6pm.

Inuman na.

If you do Sagada dont go back the same way you got there.
    Last edited by mark_t; April 27th, 2011 at 03:01 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    up ko lang... since ito yung closest regarding Sagada.

yung tour guide ba once you reach Sagada is talagang required? and saan pwedeng kumuha ng tour guide na OK? I'm planning to go up there by December.

and sino na yung nakapunta sa Sagada? TIA

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ may mga areas or spots na kelangan talaga ng guide like the spelunking at sumaguing cave kasi buhay mo nakataya doon hehe. Iyong others like the trek down to bomod-ok falls and the hanging coffins pwede naman wala actually pero kung baga tulong mo na lang sa community. Reasonable naman fee nila tapos may mag explain pa ng reasons kung bakit ganun at ganyan ang nangyari

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Dun sa town center may tourism desk sila don. Dun ka magbobook ng mga activities mo. Sasabihin naman nila kung yung activity mo eh kelangan ng guide.

Note, mas makakatipid ka kung magbabaon/luto ka ng food for the whole trip. Mahal ang mga resto dun.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    up ko lang... since ito yung closest regarding Sagada.

yung tour guide ba once you reach Sagada is talagang required? and saan pwedeng kumuha ng tour guide na OK? I'm planning to go up there by December.

and sino na yung nakapunta sa Sagada? TIA
    Once you arrived at Sagada first thing is to register at Tourism Office.

Erik Sagana(09273453471) - try contacting this tour guide. Mabait, articulate and well educated so may kasama pang history lesson during our tour at makakamura kapa.

Other way para makatipid is bring your own car sa pagpunta sa tourist spots, buy your groceries and find a hotel where you can cook your own food.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we were there last april. yes tour guides are required on some spots like when going spelunking and underground river. also it is safer. iwas ligaw din. gps is useless if you do not know where the trails are. also the tour guides give tidbits of information that can't be matched by any phamplet or tourist magazine.

food? well that is one of the reasons for going there. eat at a different restaurant each meal. try the brown sagada rice also. and wine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Banaue and Sagada Hotel.