New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Guys, need your opinion:

A very good friend of mine is getting married at the end of the month at Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral way up there in Baguio. This is my planned itinerary:

1.) Get on the bus at around 1am
    2.) Arrive at Baguio at around 8am
    3.) Have breakfast, wander aimlessly around some park, maybe visit SM City Baguio
    4.) lunch
    5.) Show up at the wedding in the afternoon
    6.) take a taxi back to the bus station right after the wedding, mga 4pm
    7.) arrive in manila at around 9pm

Kaya ba? How accessible is the said chapel? Malapit lang ba yan sa SM City Baguio?

Just in case i need to take a bath or something...meron bang mga murang pension house -- or maybe any taxi rooms for that matter -- that you can suggest?

tia

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Guys, need your opinion:

A very good friend of mine is getting married at the end of the month at Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral way up there in Baguio. This is my planned itinerary:

3.) Have breakfast, wander aimlessly around some park, maybe visit SM City Baguio
    4.) lunch

Kaya ba? How accessible is the said chapel? Malapit lang ba yan sa SM City Baguio?

Just in case i need to take a bath or something...meron bang mga murang pension house -- or maybe any taxi rooms for that matter -- that you can suggest?

tia

Dito ka magtanong. Taga Baguio ang mga ito at may mga taga "tsikot" din dito. Sigurado kong alam nila ang pasikot sikot doon.
    http://www.baguioautoclubs.tk/

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Guys, need your opinion:

4.) lunch

tia
    Sir suggestion lang:

Why don't you take the trip earlier? Let's say mga 6 pm biyahe mo dating ka Baguio mga 1 am or earlier. Then check in ka sa mga murang pension house (maraming mga murang pension houses dito lalo na sa mga outskirts ng city) para makapag pahinga ka ng konti at makapag ayos ng sarili mo para sulit din yung binayad mo. May Nova Lodge, etc.. Maraming alam ang mga taxi drivers dito but I can also do so some researchers (about the rates) for you

Then you can check out before 9 or 10, visit SM Baguio(opening nya is 9 am). Yung Baguio Cathedral (Lady of Atonement Cathedral) is only 100 meters (or even less) away from SM so medyo malapit lapit ka na. Kaya mong lakarin yan in 5 mins at para ka lang nagcross ng Edsa.

Aside from SM Baguio, may Porta Vaga mall just beside Baguio Cathedral (actually, owned ito ng Baguio Cathedral Dioceses). Pag akyat p paglabas mo ng Mall, Cathedral na.

Parusa yung balikan from Baguio-Manila lalo na at wala kang pahinga. I've tried that many times at nakakapagod talaga. Pero buti na lang hindi ka magmamaneho..

The taxi fare is not that costly though may additional nga lang na 10 pesos, hindi kalayuan yung Victory Liner terminal sa mga pension houses.
    Last edited by Hanren; November 2nd, 2008 at 09:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung titignan mo, kayang kaya. nakakapagod lang.
    mag overnight ka na lang. madaming murang hotels dun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I think its better to go with the suggestion of Hanren. I've already done what you're planning to do. Stressed ka kahit di ka nag drive and to think na wedding yung pupuntahan mo... mas maganda kung fresh ka ng kaunti di ba

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sigurado malagkit oily ang feeling pagdating mo sa baguio even if malamig sa Baguio

kung ako sayo wag ka na pumunta, just send cash gift. parusa yan biyahe na yan, kukuhain mo ng 1 day

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    kung ako sayo wag ka na pumunta, just send cash gift. parusa yan biyahe na yan, kukuhain mo ng 1 day

yah, was thinking the same thing...dagdag ko na lang dun sa wedding gift ung gagastusin ko sa trip

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    yah, was thinking the same thing...dagdag ko na lang dun sa wedding gift ung gagastusin ko sa trip

Think what you have in your thread: qoute// A GOOD FRIEND OF YOURS.

Your presence at your best friend wedding should be an important ones showing that you have supported theme the very best momment day of their lives. Its not about your gift or material thing, but your relationship as a best friend on a VERY special event.... that is "PRICELESS".
    You should go!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hope this reply catches up with your trip. here's what i would recommend.

there's a there's a victory deluxe bus that travel direct as in non-stop to baguio.
    it save's you an hour than the nomral aircon bus that take's 6.5-7 hrs travel.
    this bus leaves cubao at 6:30am or near that time. your expected arrival time is about 1:30-2pm in baguio. If you have more time to spare, go to manor hotel and have a massage, it'll cost you about 600 pesos. surely you can take a shower to freshen up.

after the reception, take the same deluxe bus back to manila, depart's there at 10:30pm(not exactly sure). that will take you 4.5 hrs travel back as there' ain't traffic anymore.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

OT: Bukas na ba ang Marcos Highway for travel? Hindi ba't bumagsak ang isang portion nito some time ago? Please advise.

TIA.

7101:hooray:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Baguio trip: workable ba?