New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pundaquit is not in iba, it is in san antonio. i know since i grew up in san antonio. it is the 4th town after olongapo (olongapo-subic-castillejos-san marcelino-san antonio). upon reaching san marcelino, turn left after the town hall as going straight by-passes san antonio and will lead you to san narciso instead.

afaik, there are 2 hotels already operating in pundaquit. one even has a nice swimming pool if you get tired of the sea water. the sea is not for amateur swimmers though as there is an undertow and a cross current coming from the left side (mountain side). even in calm weather, the mountains act as a funnel for the winds such that there is always a strong breeze coming in from the sea. so there is no such thing as "calm" there as a rouge wave can reach as high as 1.5 meters. so be adviced, for good swimmers only. the place is very popular with surfers and wind surfers.

avoid the barangay before pundaquit, bgy san miguel. the undertow there is worse and the sea goes deep abruptly. you think you are just in chest deep water then suddenly a wave catches you, you get caught by the undertow and suddenly you are in 10 feet of water. many "visitors" have drowned there. the town folk say it is "maria karamot", the resident mermaid who falls in love everytime she sees a new comer. all the victims, as far as i know, were males! the bodies are all scratched and bruised when maria karamot gives them up, usually after a day. that is why they call her "karamot". the ilocano word for kalmot or scratch. it is probably because the body got caught in the corals, but then we don't really know hehehehe. she averages 1 victim per year. so the locals don't go on picnics until maria has had her quota.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Ang dami namin na miss. Bitin ang daytrip talaga....
    ok lang yan larshell... kami nga mas bitin, overnight kami but we never got to Capones islands... dun lang kami sa resort sa shore ng San Antonio... coz we got too drunk

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yan pala kumpleto na info ni yebo. Pati Sirena and water condition.
    Sorry ha kung mali yong info ko.

Pedro, Masarap malashing syempre.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    bro lar, those pics are soo good and worthy as post cards

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    coming from manila (nlex exit) ano yun way papunta sa pundaquit? if hindi mag-overnight sa anawangin, where can we stay? thanks

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pundaquit is not in iba, it is in san antonio. i know since i grew up in san antonio. it is the 4th town after olongapo (olongapo-subic-castillejos-san marcelino-san antonio). upon reaching san marcelino, turn left after the town hall as going straight by-passes san antonio and will lead you to san narciso instead.

afaik, there are 2 hotels already operating in pundaquit. one even has a nice swimming pool if you get tired of the sea water. the sea is not for amateur swimmers though as there is an undertow and a cross current coming from the left side (mountain side). even in calm weather, the mountains act as a funnel for the winds such that there is always a strong breeze coming in from the sea. so there is no such thing as "calm" there as a rouge wave can reach as high as 1.5 meters. so be adviced, for good swimmers only. the place is very popular with surfers and wind surfers.

avoid the barangay before pundaquit, bgy san miguel. the undertow there is worse and the sea goes deep abruptly. you think you are just in chest deep water then suddenly a wave catches you, you get caught by the undertow and suddenly you are in 10 feet of water. many "visitors" have drowned there. the town folk say it is "maria karamot", the resident mermaid who falls in love everytime she sees a new comer. all the victims, as far as i know, were males! the bodies are all scratched and bruised when maria karamot gives them up, usually after a day. that is why they call her "karamot". the ilocano word for kalmot or scratch. it is probably because the body got caught in the corals, but then we don't really know hehehehe. she averages 1 victim per year. so the locals don't go on picnics until maria has had her quota.
    yup got 1st hand experience on the undertow, was surfing about 50m away from shore next thing i know i was 100m away na and cant paddle back

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ang ganda... safe ba dyan?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beautiful photos.

Directions by land please...

TIA

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Very nice place to visit with clear blue waters, sandy beach and pine trees.

- The place is beginning to get some crowd so those planning a visit, better do it soon before the place gets destroyed by commercialization.

- Anawagngin is an isolated cove off the Zambales coast (not as island) accessible only by boat.

- A motorized banca ride will take about 30minutes and will cost about P100/head or about P600 per banca.

- Safest time to visit is summer when waves are very calm throughout the day.

- Camping on the cove is allowed for a very minimal fee. Water is available in the place but no electricity. They also have some makeshift CR. Nothing else.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    save kaya dito? pero maganda talaga sya eh.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Anawangin, Zambales Philippines for nature lover