The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Even our neighbor Thailand has an airport they can be proud of

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    i've always believed na terminal fees for some airports are built in sa ticket fees nila or sa charging nila.... but i am not from the travel industry so i can not confirm this...

but for some reason, in the case of changi (singapore), fares usually cost more when you confirm to the agency that you will be going out through customs and into the city, then going back to catch your flight, compared to say, if you just stay within the terminal during your long lay over....

that example makes me think na terminal fee is tucked in the other fees being paid....
    Still it's fine with me, no hassle and maganda naman ang facilities.. airport pa lang parang tourist spot na.. By the way i watched dicovery channel na feature yung terminal 3 ng changi airport ang ganda.. Sana magkaron tayo ng ganyang airport, to think we are promoting tourism..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Pati yung sa KL Malaysia, maganda ang airport.

LRT lines go from the city to straight inside the airport. Dito the tourists have to ride a dingy taxi to NAIA. Madalas pa gino-goya ng taxi-driver.

Ang Pilipinas parang hindi na nahiya.
    Last edited by marg; October 12th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Eto sa atin.....Very Colorful!

(yung railings........)

Last edited by chua_riwap; October 12th, 2010 at 08:12 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I remember when we were at the NAIA early this month,- we were checking-in our baggages at the Delta Airlines Kiosk, because we already printed our boarding passes online the day before. I was asking the ground crew if they're not going to weigh our baggages, because she already directed us to drop them in a staging area. She said that the weighing scales were non-functional, so there goes...

Swerte ng mga balikbayan na pabalik sa US nuong araw na iyon... :hysterical:

10.9K:lotsocoffee:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Wow. Worse than New Delhi. Dang!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I remember when NAIA Terminal 1 opened up in the early 80's. Back then it was still MIA. Damn.. it was so nice. (Yeah.. I'm so old...)

Hindi lang talaga tayo marunong mag-alaga ng gamit natin.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    I remember when NAIA Terminal 1 opened up in the early 80's. Back then it was still MIA. Damn.. it was so nice. (Yeah.. I'm so old...)

Hindi lang talaga tayo marunong mag-alaga ng gamit natin.

Not just that bro. We never adapted to the changing times.....

We should have expanded and remodeled those facilities a long time ago... NAIA should have stretched its muscles many years ago to add more runways and expand/remodel its terminals, when other international airports were already doing just that.

Now, it's almost impossible to do that without going to court.

10.9K:lotsocoffee:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung CR sa arrival area, near the baggage carousel, madalas yung cleaner, mabait.....laging nakangiti. Maya-maya, bubulong na yan.

"Sir.....wala bang pasalubong dyan?"

Pag December naman, ang banat nila......"Merry X-Mas, Sir!"

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Google earth...

NAIA 1

Chek Lap Kok Airport, Hong Kong

Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Ho Chi Mihn City, Vietnam

A new international terminal funded by Japanese ODA and constructed by a consortium of four Japanese contractors (KTOM, abbreviation of 4 contractors's names: Kajima - Taisei - Obayashi - Maeda), opened in September 2007 with a capacity for 8-10 million passengers a year, thus giving the airport a total annual capacity of 15-17 million passengers. The old terminal is now used for domestic flights only.[2] After 2015, when Long Thanh International Airport is completed, Tan Son Nhat will serve domestic passengers only.

The international terminal is open 24 hours a day.

Just looking at this makes me sad...
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 13th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2010 Worst Airports in the World