New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    The Philippines was once the Pearl of the Orient. What happened? Where did we go wrong?
    when jologs overran over the country

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    when jologs overran over the country
    When the sosyalistas invade the country with their exaggerated english and maarteng actions

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Philippines

good value proposition

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^ tindi ng mga beki na ito......

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    public transportation drivers who drive like they own the road.... tapos pag nabangga ka nila mag mamakaawa bigla kesyo ganito at ganyan (sarap sapatusin)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Philippines

good value proposition

grabe ka naman! NAKAKA-SUKA naman itong pinost mo! BLEEEEECCHHHH!

with this, makes others think that
    the philippines suck!

yan ang mga may dala ng bird flu at pwet and mouth disease!
    BLEEEECCHHH!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Jimmy says sorry after being threatened by onion-skinned Cebu City Councilor...

Full apology Video

The American filmmaker living in the Philippines that caused a stir with his viral video, “20 Reasons to Dislike the Philippines”, issued a video apology on Wednesday to the Philippine people.

The video’s host, Jimmy Sieczka said, “the video was never made to attack, or put down, or to hurt, or to let down some of the people in this wonderful and beautiful nation that have been so great to me when I moved here 3 ½ years ago”.

He goes on to say he is “deeply sorry that I offended some of the people of the Philippines”.

The apology follows Cebu City Councilor Sisinio Andales statement earlier that he would file a resolution to declare Sieczka “persona non grata”. Persona non grata is a term indicating that a person is no longer welcome in a particular area.

Sieczka says in the apology video that there was no hate involved in the video; he felt he was merely pointing out the obvious flaws that anyone else could see.

In the video, “20 Reasons to Dislike the Philippines”, Sieczka points out a wide range of things he dislikes while he walked through Cebu City. Traffic, garbage, comfort rooms, ubiquitous urinating and ladyboys all took the brunt of Siecka’s wrath in the video.

The apology, as well as the original video, garnered mixed reactions with Filipinos. However, the following reactions to Councilor Andales “threat” were the most interesting:

"This Cebu councilor doesnt deserve to be reelected for being insensitive, immature and naive. He should take this as a constructive criticism. The video may be hurtful to us but it's the truth and I don't see it as anti-Filipino. We see these things everyday yet we never make an effort to do anything about it. The councilor, I believe, should address these issues if he wants to promote tourism in Cebu. James, no need to apologize. You were just practicing your freedom of speech. Keep it coming! We need people of your kind.GO, go, go!"

"Whatever happened to free speech in the Philippines. This should take the Philippines down 1-level on the United Nations freedom list. I saw the video and basically he said that anything for the public access was terrible....including sidewalks, CR rooms and proper hygiene of sidewalk food vendors."

Filmmaker Jimmy Sieczka apologizes after pressure from Cebu politician - National Philippines Headlines | Examiner.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
20 reasons why I dislike the Philippines