New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    all our cars are A/T even the driver's revo glx is A/T! haha we r too lazy to mess around with a clutch hehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    after experiencing traffic hell yesterday at p.ocampo, thank god i have an a/t! though pag maluwag, nakakamiss nga yung m/t..what i do is just think about the traffic and it all goes away. hehehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sorry peeps mukhang pang inosente yung quesion ko.

dapat bang nakapindot palagi yung overdrive para matipid sa gas? kala ko kasi its the other way around.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    yung kaibigan ko sa US .. gulat na marunong ako sa m/t .. sabi niya mga sports cars lang ang naka m/t .. kaya nung pumunta dito tapos nakita niya na daming kotse na m/t .. gusto niya sumubok .. pero di pinayagan ng tatay niya .. hehe .. on the other hand .. tamad ako .. worst thing for m/t .. hanging in traffic .. so a/t for me .. ..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    overdirve lets you use all 4 gears of the manual tranny (4 speed). if overdrive is off, it only goes to 3rd gear, and so your cruising rpms will be higher, ergo, you will use more gas

andy

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i remember, back in 89, when the first of the newer corollas started coming out.

people took one look at and said "pangit, manipis ang bakal" (with matching katok sa bakal nung corolla), "dito pa din ako sa 1976 galant ko, mas safe kasi makapal ang bakal". guess what, mas safe yung new corolla, and rides a lot better too. 5 years later lahat ng tao naka corolla na, and those old school, rear wheel drive cars were no more.

ganito din yung sa discussion ng m/t vs. a/t e. people have difficulty letting go of old prejudices. ako i drive 3 cars (5 nun hehe), 1 of whom is an a/t civic. i love my a/t civic, and hate the others when it came to long drives and traffic jams. doesn't matter if the civic was the oldest and most beat up of the 3 (w/c are all manual).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    The automatics that I recently drove are already a big improvement over the older ones. The computer "senses" your driving style (it'll go to the redline if needed).
    That's true, but automatics are still on their way to perfection.

On the other hand, if you leave one in the manual mode, you don't need a shift light anymore. Just rev till the redline and it'll shift to the next gear automatically.
    Here, I'm just pointing out that they're still not under your full control.

Don't the City & the Lancer offer CVTs?

The Honda City CVT is such a blast to drive. The computer does a really good calculation on when to shift and as I've said, it detects your driving style. And in manual mode, shifting is just a breeze!!! Faster than ANY M/T can muster.
    CVTs prove to be better than conventional automatics. They do not have the performance-robbing torque converters (I think). They also shift seamlessly (since there are no gears).

I've also driven a Lancer MX. The manual mode offers decent kick and fun, close but not quite a substitute for a real stickshift yet. Also, CVT hasn't found its way to bigger luxury cars.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa AT din ako pero masaya parin ng may MT ka sa bahay para pag nag sawa. hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    so i guess its safe to say that halos lahat ng responses dito sa thread na ito go for the A/T tranny? hehe ako gusto ko ng matic..especially for my dad since his legs ache more frequently now (post-operation). and the leg affected is the clutch leg pa. pero takot ang dad ko mag-try ng matic..baka daw sa maling gear nya malagay..(R instead of D)..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    given the chance to get another car (even if second hand) i would get an A/T. sobrang tamad ko na magdrive..hahaha and my clutch leg acts up sometimes and im even in my 20's!

OT: i just found out (from their website) that there are no 1.3E A/T na vios..i thought meron...hahaha wala lang..
    although toyota doesn't have a 1.3 a/t vios... nissan has a sentra 1.3 a/t. Drives pretty well too.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Are we becoming an A/T country?