New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    My aunt has an '01 Pajero FM, when accelerating from low revs, betwen 2k-3k rpm there's a sound of water pouring in the dashboard then after 3k rpm it stops. I've asked several shops and they have no idea, citimotors hasn't encountered it, mitsuprime once but they couldn't source the problem. Maybe someone here knows?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Air bubbles inside the heater core?

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=7729

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Any suggstions on how to let the bubbles out?

I had a few troubles with mine but just let it run with the cap off on a steep incline for ages and no issues anymore.
    What cap to remove?

BTW thank you for your reply.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think he meant the radiator cap. Probably by running the engine with the radiator cap off on a steep incline (ie. parked up against a steep ramp/driveway with the forward part of the car higher than the rear), might force these air cavities out of the heater core.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thank you for the help, I'll give it a try tomorrow when I return to Manila, thank you again.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    use the same method when flushing out air bubbles in your radiator. this is what i do after replacing my coolant to bleed out air from my cooling system:

1. remove the radiator cap
    2. turn on the engine and let it idle until normal engine temperature is met (you'll know when the radiator fan turns on/off several times already)
    3. you'll notice bubbles come out of your radiator.
    4. rev a little. when the coolant spills or kapag nag-open na yung thermostat (you'll know pag biglang bumaba yung coolant sa radiator) just top it up with water (distilled) or coolant
    5. when no more air bubbles (not the ones caused by hot coolant) are coming out of the radiator, fill the radiator with coolant. fill the coolant reserve until the indicated level and close tightly.
    6. put on the radiator cap. close tightly.

i do this sometimes just to be sure so this might be optional for you: i fill the reserve tank a little more than the indicated level before closing it. after putting on the radiator cap, i turn off the engine and spray water on the radiator fins to cool it down. the effect is that as the coolant contracts in the radiator, it should pull in coolant from the reserve.

hth

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thank you for the help, I did it prior to your most recent reply and it has helped, the car will be due in for a radiator flushing soon so I'll repeat the process, thank you very much.