New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hello. I have a Toyota Innova J Diesel variant (manual) 2005 model. Just last week, we are still using the vehicle without problems. But just yesterday, when I start the vehicle and put the transmission to first gear. Then step on the gas (slowly releasing the clutch), the vehicle just won't move even an inch. It is like the hand brake is on, parang may pumipigil, nde talaga umaandar. I checked the handbrake, it is off, even the odometer signal shows the handbrake is off.

Anyone can give me advice ano kayang problem nito? Which shop can I go to seek help? I'm in Manila area. Also, since the vehicle would not run, do I have to have it towed to bring it to the shop or baka meron home service na mechanics to check on it first? Any recommendations is high appreciated. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    how about putting it on the second or other gears, ganun pa rin?

have you checked when releasing the clutch while a gear is engaged eh the RPM needle slightly dips lower or not?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    how about putting it on the second or other gears, ganun pa rin?

have you checked when releasing the clutch while a gear is engaged eh the RPM needle slightly dips lower or not?
    putting it in second gear (or other gears) also have the same result, also will not move. I will try releasing the clutch and report back the result.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    Hello. I have a Toyota Innova J Diesel variant (manual) 2005 model. Just last week, we are still using the vehicle without problems. But just yesterday, when I start the vehicle and put the transmission to first gear. Then step on the gas (slowly releasing the clutch), the vehicle just won't move even an inch. It is like the hand brake is on, parang may pumipigil, nde talaga umaandar. I checked the handbrake, it is off, even the odometer signal shows the handbrake is off.

Anyone can give me advice ano kayang problem nito? Which shop can I go to seek help? I'm in Manila area. Also, since the vehicle would not run, do I have to have it towed to bring it to the shop or baka meron home service na mechanics to check on it first? Any recommendations is high appreciated. Thanks.
    Try mo I check ang mga brakes system mo, baka nag lock ang brake pads mo...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'm guessing it's a clutch issue. With the engine off, put the car in gear and try to push it... You shouldn't be able to move it

Personally, start ko yung engine ng naka gear to see kung gagalaw...

But better to be on the safe side

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    if the vehicle is parked on a flat surface, you should be able to push the vehicle to see if the brakes are stucked

although kung model 2005 pa, i can bet na the clutch needs maintenance na if it was not serviced ever yet.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Did your driveshaft get stolen?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Did you drove through a flooded street? It was raining hard yesterday afternoon is some areas. Chances are, the brake got pads stuck with the rotor or drum. Just try to alternate 1st and Reverse gears to loosen it up.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post

it happens more often than you might imagine, and in many other types of cars that have brake drums. i have had it in my various cars over the years, especially after driving it in strong rain or flood.

your brake shoes are stuck to your brake drums.
    you have to shake off the dikit.
    you can try manually pushing the vehicle back and forth, if you have slaves to do the pushing.
    or, you can rock the vehicle back and forth, by putting it in first gear or in reverse, and applying the clutch on and off a bit.
    you know that you have succeeded when you hear a sharp noise, and your vehicle moves again.

warning! be ready for when the shoes dis-engage, lest you smash car onto wall, or to person!

what can you do, so it won't happen again? have the brakes cleaned, probably . but in truth, i do not know if it will help.
    if you can, do not apply handbrake after a wet drive. instead, put it in second gear (if MT). and do remember it when you start it.
    if AT, put it in P (and pray car does not creep overnight.)
    Last edited by dr. d; October 1st, 2017 at 07:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Just to give an update, I tried alternating the first gear and reverse gear repeatedly. Umaandar na sya. Mukhang nabasa nga last time yun brakes kasi nilusong daw sa baha. The problem now is medyo mahina yun brake. So I am planning to bring to Servitek to check the brakes. Pwede naman po sa servitek noh? Ano kayang papalitan dito? Brake pads? Thanks for all your inputs and help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast