New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I got a corolla 95 AT. If the car is parked for more than 30 minutes then start it and switch it to D, the car moves slowly, approximately 5-10 kph, then step on the gas, it revs but still stays on 5-10 kph, it doesn't accelerate.

it would take more than 5 minutes for the D gear to work/engage on a normal mode but once the D gear works, it runs smoothly even if I switch it to other gears and switch it back to D...

The problem is, if I park the car again for more than 30 minutes, D acts up again. I noticed that L and 2 are starting to have the same issue but not most of the time.

Normally, what I do is start the car and shift to D while on handbrake and wait for the D to engage. Once engaged, ayun, paaandarin ko na. Sometimes it only takes 1 minute but sometimes it takes approximately 3 to 5 minutes.

transmission gear oil is fine.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    if transmission gear oil ang gamit, may problema nga talaga. dapat atf ang gamit mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    not really sure sa gear oil since kapatid ko ang nagpalit two years ago. pero i'll check with him kung anong type ang nilagay niya.

thanks!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    if transmission gear oil ang gamit, may problema nga talaga. dapat atf ang gamit mo.
    Prolly what he/she meant is ATF nga, nagkamali lang siguro sa ginamit.

Probably slipping/sliding clutch na, ganyan rin sakin, although totally di na nagshishift sa segunda (bale 1st>3rd>4th) kaya hirap sa paahon.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Slide na yung mga disc and plate sa loob malamang kelangan buksan tranny para makita loob.

Mj 14

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    thanks sa mga advice!

kung sliding clutch na, malaki ba gastos nito sa pagawa?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    At first, a clutch can not worn out when the car drive after several minutes normal !
    Dont waste your money for an expensive repair and clean your tranny inside.
    Try a to flush/clean the Transmission, it happens many times that the valves in the valvebody stuck because there is dirt.
    The dirt is from the clutches in the transmission and a ATF oil change will not remove all the stuff.
    Go to Speedfix or Speedlap and ask for Liqui Moly Products, Lubegard from Swizerland is a good Product too.
    A other way is to remove the valvebody and clean it manually.
    Or to go to an company that have a special cleaning machine for<aouto trannya (they are pumping a cleaning fluid through the tranny), dont know the name in english.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Not sure if this applies to your transmission but in mine I had to replace all the rubber oil seals in the transmission since they were hard after almost 20 years, because of this the fluid pressures could not build up leading to problems with shifting when the car is just started, after overhaul transmission is good as new.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ganyan din problema ko sa lovelife ko, nagpalit na ng torque converter, cleaning inside ganon pa rin.

It turned out that it was the rubberseals of the 3 pistons inside ang sira. Wala pa 200pesos yon. At dapat pantay ang upo ng 3 piston na yon, had to adjust the springs on mine para pumantay. Back to normal na ulit.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Malaking gastusan yan boss mga nasa 15k labor nyan

Mj 14