New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    innova diesel or fortuner diesel, nasa 8 to 10km/L yata ang city driving ng mga ito..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    no doubt.... xuvi!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    I've read the alterra could do 23km/li...
    o my o my,did the isuzu peeps actually publish this??? sounds too good to be true.....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    tipid talaga crosswind, ours is 2001 xto, speed upto 80kph,combined city/hiway 12-14km/li. pag lagpas na 80kph-130kph mga 10-11km/li. basta di bababa 10km/li.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fakesaint
    o my o my,did the isuzu peeps actually publish this??? sounds too good to be true.....
    Yeah... just like the Crosswind's claim of 19 km/l. Best to take it with a grain of salt... but it is true that you will rarely see less than 14 km/l in a Crosswind on the highway or 10 km/l in bad traffic.

The most tipid Diesel right now is the Matrix, which can get as high as 19 km/l in real life (advertised at 25 km/l). It's not exactly an AUV, but it still seats five and holds cargo comfortably.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by horexen
    Sir Randy, Crosswind XUVi has the highest fuel economy for 2.5L Turbo Diesel non-CRDI (Common Rail Direct Injection) Engine vehicle here in the Philippines. The top of the line is well within your budget, its around P1.1M. Its fuel efficiency is rated at 16-19 km/l highway driving.

Alterra has the one of the highest fuel economy for 3.0L Intercooler Turbo Diesel CRDI engine in the Philippines today. Its fuel efficiency is rated at 23km/l highway. For Metro Manila driving condition, it will probably achieve around 10-14 km /l. One owner was able to get nearly 12 km/l on 80% highway and 20% urban area driving with 3 persons onboard at 120-160kph. Unfortunately, the top of the line at P1.48M is slightly above your budget.

You might also want to consider the Isuzu DMAX pickup. It also has 3.0L Intercooler Turbo Diesel CRDI engine with comparable fuel efficiency as the Alterra. It is the top selling pickup in the country since it was launched in 2003-2004.
    Kasi po yung Alterra ay D-Max na ginawang SUV look, kaya sama ng sitting condition.
    Isuzu diesel talaga matipid, but I suggest na it shoudn't only be fuel consumption basis mo otherwise limitado choices mo. Ganda naman ng budget mo for an AUV, but I think importante sa yo comfort kasi binanggit mo na atras mo pa seat ng sedan, kaya FORTUNER diesel or wait ka sa bagong RAV 4!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, opinion lang po. depends really on your needs. i hear many good things about crosswind (bias ako, i have a dmax), if you will consider to buy an auv (diesel) consider these things:

horsepower output - preferably the most horses.

torque output - maximum achievable torque at a particular rpm range (normally at 2000)

gear ratio - the final gear ratio pertains to the utilization of power transferred to the wheel / road

engine displacement - not because its small, its efficient. displacement maybe big but if it is less stressed under load circumstances, it is still efficient.

beware though on horsepower and torque issue. horsepower is inversely proportional to the torque.

Confirm ko yung gas consumption ng XUVi. Ours is a 2001 model and hindi nga bumababa ng 10 km/liter sa city. I bet the XTO can give you better results

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mga sir auv po ang hinahanap hindi suv's

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If strictly AUV, only choices are the Adventure and Crosswind. But both are already considered dinosaurs, have nothing innovative to speak of (CRDI diesel) or any safety devices (ABS, Airbag...). However, they do draw a crowd during rush hour...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
A/T AUV with Greatest Km/Liter