New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Mga bros salamat sa reply
    Ito pala yun orig brake switch (hope this helps you guys help me identify my trouble)
    Do you think permanent unlock nalang sa shift lock ang solution? Una kasi as long as AC is off, ok lang eh
    Ngayon maski off ang AC, ayaw talaga

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk
    Looks like an ordinary brake switch... have you tried disconnecting the 3rd brake lamp? Baka may wire na exposed or naipit shorting the circuit when it was repaired.. also check voltage at actuator

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Looks like an ordinary brake switch... have you tried disconnecting the 3rd brake lamp? Baka may wire na exposed or naipit shorting the circuit when it was repaired.. also check voltage at actuator
    San yun actuator bro?
    Btw 3rd brake light is fine, may isang busted bulb lang
    Ok lang kaya lagyan ko nalang yun shift lock ipitan ko nalang?
    Last edited by ninjababez; September 9th, 2017 at 05:29 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    San yun actuator bro?
    Btw 3rd brake light is fine, may isang busted bulb lang
    Ok lang kaya lagyan ko nalang yun shift lock ipitan ko nalang?
    Yung actuator ng shift lock. You can hear it click when you press the brake.. assuming na electric yung shift lock.. sa picanto kasi cable type

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    magkaka problema kaya kung ipitan nalang shift lock, habang intay parts replacement / repair?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    magkaka problema kaya kung ipitan nalang shift lock, habang intay parts replacement / repair?
    Pwede naman.. just be mindful to press brake when shifting.. yan nga daw cause ng sua ng montero kasi walang shift lock

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Thanks
    Sobrang hassle kasi
    Magkano kaya kung bcm ang pagawa or yun mga na mention dito?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Thanks
    Sobrang hassle kasi
    Magkano kaya kung bcm ang pagawa or yun mga na mention dito?

Sayang lang na bakit hindi sa casa pinaayos in the first place? The car is 2 y/o and usually, comprehensive insurance allows you to have your car repaired at the dealer for the first 3 to 5 years.

Anyway, it won't be cheap to have the BCM replaced. I'm not even sure it can be repaired. The easy way out is to disable the A/T lock-out, but it's possible that the BCM has already developed other issues. The BCM controls almost everything electrical and electronic (horn, interior and exterior lights, central lock, factory alarm, wipers, A/C, etc.... except for anything to do with engine and powertrain management (that's the ECM/PCM's job).

The BCM is usually integrated with the fuse, junction, and relay box, located under the dashboard, and typically replaced as a whole. It will look something like this:

[img]https://c.76.my/Malaysia/suzuki-swift-fuse-box-junction-36780-72k11-36770-72k11-senhuiauto-1307-16-senhuiauto*1.jpg[/img]

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i did not notice, that the car is a 2015...
    so, the car is 2 years old from new, and then develops this kind of a problem, and owner opts to have it repaired outside the casa?!!
    Last edited by dr. d; September 10th, 2017 at 09:10 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i did not notice, that the car is a 2015...
    so, the car is 2 years old from new, and then develops this kind of a problem, and owner opts to have it repaired outside the casa?!!
    The problem appears to have been caused by the talyer mechanic where the vehicle was repaired for a rear-end collision. I'm just surprised that it wasn't fixed at the dealer. I always insist on my insurance to have all covered work done by the dealer. The only time my car got in a talyer was when it got rear-ended on its 6th year. Say what you want with casa and their exorbitant rates, they still generally do a better job than most talyers. And my insurance is paying anyway.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The problem appears to have been caused by the talyer mechanic where the vehicle was repaired for a rear-end collision. I'm just surprised that it wasn't fixed at the dealer. I always insist on my insurance to have all covered work done by the dealer. The only time my car got in a talyer was when it got rear-ended on its 6th year. Say what you want with casa and their exorbitant rates, they still generally do a better job than most talyers. And my insurance is paying anyway.
    well, we all had our appointment with "i thought it was a good idea at that time" syndrome...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast