New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    '92 Galant MPI
    One week after driving through 10 inches of Ondoy's floods, my car's transmission broke down (slipping), and I had to get the car towed to the repair shop. I'm not sure if the flood had caused the transmission breakdown but anyways, the mechanics have already replaced the transmission with a surplus unit.

I've been driving the car for two weeks now, but the problem is the transmission engages about a second or two coming from a complete stop (from N to D; from P to D).

Also, the shift knob, now doesn't seem to "click" properly into position.

I'm planning to return the car to the repair shop next week, but perhaps some of you guys may have expert opinions on how I can resolve this problem easier.

Notes:
    I also had the AT fluid filter replaced.
    AT Fluid is new

Tnx.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Did you ask any warranty on the surplus automatic transmission you buy . It depend on the transaction as early as possible tell the store about your problem so they can replace it.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Did you ask any warranty on the surplus automatic transmission you buy . It depend on the transaction as early as possible tell the store about your problem so they can replace it.
    The repair shop bought the surplus tranny, not me. Being a non-expert, I have no way of judging w/c surplus is "sariwa". And so I trusted that the shop would know better in choosing a reliable tranny. Sana, the shop would not charge me extra for the re-work. The former repair have already cost me a lot.
    Tnx for the advise.

Surplus Transmisssion: Delayed Engagement