New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi Tsikoteers,
    My car is a Toyota Revo 99 model with 98K displayed in my odometer.

The problem with my A/T is that during idle, when its in D position and I stepped on the accelerator, the starting speed is very slow and it stays at low RPM until the enough speed is established before it goes back to normal. Also, during this time, the OD switches off and it blinks during driving.

I brought it already to Toyota Shaw and they said that 2 solenoid valves of the transmission should be replaced. They quoted me a total 40K for the two solenoid valves not counting the labor and other parts that might be replaced. THey estimated that the total cost for doing the repair might be 50K.

Currently I put my transmission in L position for 1st gear, 2 for 2nd gear and D for 3rd gear... I read it somewhere in the internet that this is actually done as an alternative procedure when the solenoid valve of an AT breaks down.

My question is, are there local distributors that offer surplus solenoid valves for AT transmission? How much would it cost me if I just buy a surplus transmission and replace the whole thing? is this more advisable or should I just bring it to casa? Or do you have any suggestions to fix my problem?

Many thanks in advance to all tsikoteers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    unang una sir mahal talaga sa casa try mo mag canvas sa banawe hindi sila mawawalan ng hinahanap mobtw tnx din sa info na binigay mo about pag nasira ang a.t sol.valve

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hanap ka nalang ng surplus siguro. that's too expensive imo.

AT Solenoid Valve Problem