New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dinaan nga sa baha ng kuya ko yung car ko nung hiniram nya last sunday... badtrip :evil:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not to worry, pinaka mahal na siguro damage nyan change tranny oils. Next time, if possible don't depress clutch while it is still wet or submerged, to avoid any other part damage.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ungas, isn't it common advise to rev the engine while car is submerged? so water does not enter tail pipe and to avoid stalling? then definitely one will depress clutch. so surely one will depress th clutch pedal. what's the proper thing to do?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    > ungas, isn't it common advise to rev the engine while car is submerged? so water
    > does not enter tail pipe and to avoid stalling? then definitely one will depress clutch.
    > so surely one will depress th clutch pedal. what's the proper thing to do?

drive in the lowest gear possible (or maybe in low-range) so you dont need to depress the clutch pedal. you could shift gears without using the clutch assuming you can match the revs exactly, but that's bound to cause more harm than good for most people. you can shift into neutral without clutching relatively safely.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fundy::: On some vehicles, there is no need to rev it high, normal engine rpm can prevent water sipping in your tail pipe and avoid stalling. Like splerdu explained, drive it in your lowest gear, let the vehicle crawl. At a stand point or heavy traffic scenario, there is no need to stay close the vehicle you're following. Minimizing clutch use, and sometimes it could help if you raise the rpm by just stepping on the gas pedal.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    splerdu/ ungas, gotcha. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Not to worry, pinaka mahal na siguro damage nyan change tranny oils. Next time, if possible don't depress clutch while it is still wet or submerged, to avoid any other part damage.

nice input, di ko din alam kasi yan, thanks Ungas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    help peeps.
    i hear a "grinding" noise when my car is idle, but it dissapears when i depress the clutch.
    whatcha think peeps??:P

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    benchph1::: Baka naman po clattering sound ng clutch release bearing yung tinutukoy nyo? The grinding noise should only be heard when a gear is engaged and the vehicle is in motion, may sira na ang trannys. Pero kung grinding noise during idle and lessens when the cltuch is pressed, only one thing comes into my mind, clutch release bearing is not properly mounted.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup yup tumpak sir ungas....i can only hear it when idle and the noise dissapears/lessens when i depress the clutch pedal. my car is already 6 years old,
    although the clutch is not yet sliding, palitan ko na ba clutch disc?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sliding clutch - ano kaya sira?