New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pano ba ginagawa ang short shift sa kambyo pinuputulan ba ito and ok ba ito for everyday driving?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, hinahabaan yung bottom part ng shift lever. Basta ok ang gumawa, ok na ok to!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama po si pajerokid...paghinabaan yung bottom part ng shift lever ay lilipat ang pinaka point ng fulcrum (tama ba spelling?) ng shifter so the effect is a shorter distance of travel moving from one gear to the next (ex from 1st gear to 2nd gear). Kung Civic oto mo, maraming available na aftermarket short shifter so why fabricate? di ba?!?

Kung old school car... pagaralan mo ng husto yung movement ng shifter (remove the boot and observe) and imagining mo iyung position na bago. Normally puting the pivot point ng fulcrum about a half to an inch higher than its current position will already do the trick.

BTW, I haven't done such project yet....wala pa akong budget kasi for my toyota starlet e. But someday I will just do that. Goodluck! :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what you want for performance is a short throw shifter and not just a shifter with a short length.

Short throw means mas madali ipasok sa gear yung kambyo when upshifting. Especially useful for drag.

The thing is I read in superhonda.com the short throw shifter will wear out your transmission synchros faster daw.

If you want a short shifter lang for porma... cut the stock shifter rod and place an aftermarket knob na lang.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks alot for the reply baka di ko na palitan kasi kung madadali buhay ng transmission synchros ko e pang porma lang naman thanks again

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    short shifters make for more enjoyable driving! :mrgreen: I dont see any reason why this would shorten the transmission life lalo na par FF ang mga auto nyo :D My 2 cents lang po peeps :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    short throw shifters was introduced to drag racers for the purpose of lessen the travel and accurate shifting of gears . di porket short throw shifter ay mababa na siya tingnan , ur talking about the throws not the height but most aftermarket short throw shifters are short already .

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    um guys im kinda new here i drive a ford lynx rs 2.0 ce. haha haba eh proud kasi first car ko at the age of 17 hehe anyways can anyone tell me where to get one for my ce? short throw pls hehe and ot pero a full exaust and hedders too? tnx guys

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ERICKDALENA View Post
    um guys im kinda new here i drive a ford lynx rs 2.0 ce. haha haba eh proud kasi first car ko at the age of 17 hehe anyways can anyone tell me where to get one for my ce? short throw pls hehe and ot pero a full exaust and hedders too? tnx guys
    I suggest posting your questions at:

Ford Lynx RS:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=19697&page=2

A guy with user name NIKY has a Lynx RS you might want to ask questions, especially with his personal experiences with modding his RS. Many do's and don'ts he can tell you about his car.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Mga bossing, ask ko lang po pano bumalik sa normal play ang shift lever ko. maluwag kasi kapag naka neutral, pag nasa gear naman di masyado pero maluwag pa rin. may kelangan kaya palitan like bushing sa may transmission para lumiit yung play? or pwede kaya yung short shifter? thanks.
    toyota manual transmission sa 21R engine. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
short shifter