New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    driving an automatic is very simple...

Starting : Put it in P
    Moving: Press the brake, put it into D, remove your foot from the brake, press accelerator.
    Stopping: After a full stop, put into N.

In a traffic light, much better if you can put it in N, so the transmission is disengaged. it will also lessen the wear and tear of the brakes.
    what will happen if i didnt press the brake and directly put it in D?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    sa aking karanasan, hindi mailalagay sa D kung hindi ako naka tapak sa preno. sa aking pagkakaintindi ito ay isang paraan na pang kaligtasan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    From N to D?.....the car should start to move slowly w/o stepping on the accelerator pedal. Other cars require you to press the brake pedal before shifting while other don't.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zonda View Post
    From N to D?.....the car should start to move slowly w/o stepping on the accelerator pedal. Other cars require you to press the brake pedal before shifting while other don't.
    peron once na mailagay na sa D, kung mag shift up ako, need pa ba mag press ng brake? or hindi na?

If coming from N and putting the gear into D without pressing the brakes, the vehicle will start to roll slowly which is not bad since the torque converter will just roll alongside the car's idle speed ATF flow. Now if coming from P, you can't get it out of P unless you either press the brakes or hold down the shift lock button while pressing the shifter button.

Now if you're an attention whore, rev hard, put it into D, and you'll hear your tires screech and deep down, your transmission is will give you the middle finger and will hope that it dies early to give you all the headaches as vengeance.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    modern AT cars i think do not allow this.... and if they do, delikado...biglang uusad ang oto mo.... pano kung may biglang tumawid o may dumaan sa harap mo?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pag tantya kong short stop lang like 30 secs. leave it at D
    pag matagal lagay ko sa N.

some drivers shift to P bad thing with this minsan pag green light na , nalimutan 1 shift down lang ginawa reverse pala kamote..

nung minsan may nakita ako rav4 dun sa open parking sa podium
    the driver shifted to P paid the parking then shift to R... bam!!! naatrasan nya yung civic sa harap ko
    pag baba ng driver ng rav4 magandang babae na naka short shorts or mini... kamot ulo na lang si civic driver.
    Last edited by impulzz; October 29th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I find it odd how A/T vehicles are more expensive here while it is the reverse overseas. On-topic, I leave my transmission on D unless the stop runs over a minute.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    pag tantya kong short stop lang like 30 secs. leave it at D
    pag matagal lagay ko sa N.

some drivers shift to P bad thing with this minsan pag green light na , nalimutan 1 shift down lang ginawa reverse pala kamote..

nung minsan may nakita ako rav4 dun sa open parking sa podium
    the driver shifted to P paid the parking then shift to R... bam!!! naatrasan nya yung civic sa harap ko
    pag baba ng driver ng rav4 magandang babae na naka short shorts or mini... kamot ulo na lang si civic driver.
    true.. coming from a stop light i accidentally put the gear in R, not knowing ayun nag gas ako.. nabangga ko yung nasa likod ko! hassle sobra, stress, gastos and everything! just always be safe.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast