New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi Tsikot People,

I have a 2005 Fortuner 3.0V A/T, 129k Odo, I experience a rotating knock for 1-3seconds when reaching 10km/hr during start, then has no other problem after that knock, I can go to highway , turn left and right without hearing the rotating knock.

But when I turn off the engine, and start running, even without stepping the gas and just letting the car go by itself,when it reaches around 10km/hr, it has a loud rotating knock like a lose gear.

If I step the gas, or the movement is faster, the rotating knock is louder,but for only 1-3seconds.

Any suggestion if this could be transmission problem? Or any suggestion. Thank You very much!!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevin View Post
    Hi Tsikot People,

I have a 2005 Fortuner 3.0V A/T, 129k Odo, I experience a rotating knock for 1-3seconds when reaching 10km/hr during start, then has no other problem after that knock, I can go to highway , turn left and right without hearing the rotating knock.

But when I turn off the engine, and start running, even without stepping the gas and just letting the car go by itself,when it reaches around 10km/hr, it has a loud rotating knock like a lose gear.

If I step the gas, or the movement is faster, the rotating knock is louder,but for only 1-3seconds.

Any suggestion if this could be transmission problem? Or any suggestion. Thank You very much!!

if your speedometer is the old fashioned cable type, try pulling the cable out and lubricating it with motor oil. this is usually pulled out from the speedometer head, lubricated and reinserted back into its tube

rotating knock for 1-3seconds when reaching 10km/hr during start