New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    Hindi kasi ako chief yung nakipagtransact with the gas station's manager. Saka kelangan approved shop nila or kelangan magusap yung manager and owner of the shop bago i accept yung job order. Somewhere in Paranaque yung shop, don't even know the name Pero sabi ng shop if problems persist, bubuksan talaga nila ulit. Di rin naman ako papayag na di nila maayos yun hehe, medyo mas maayos pa nung sliding kasi all I have to do to is rev higher para mag upshift from 1st to 3rd gear.

Nasa Rey's Electrical pa kasi to have it rewired (alam mo naman when they convert, sh!tty ang splicing and reconnecting ng wires). Check ko na lang if may improvement ang rewiring and an ATF change.
    Ahh i see.

Any how, it should have been brought to Pitworkz nalang sana

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Ahh i see.

Any how, it should have been brought to Pitworkz nalang sana

i made inquiries w/ the pitworkz peeps before re tranny overhauling and they said they don't do that kind of tranny repair. all they do is install surplus ones

do you know of any (more) shops in the south rebuild trannies bos? i've heard of mel casaba in bacoor and this danny guy from paranaque who are said to be former honda casa technicians and they come w/ ok recommendations. but then again, i don't know how true those testimonials are especially since truth is relative in the world wide web
    Last edited by baludoy; April 25th, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    to add sa discussion, rebuilding a transmission is more expensive than a surplus since you're going to buy a rebuilding kit, filter etc and the labor cost (not cheap).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hindi kaya flywheel lang ang problema nyan? Kung pumapasok naman mga gears tapos hirap lang pag pataas baka bungi buni na flywheel.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Hindi kaya flywheel lang ang problema nyan? Kung pumapasok naman mga gears tapos hirap lang pag pataas baka bungi buni na flywheel.
    Dunno but AFAIK there's no flywheel in an A/T vehicle?

Kanina inakyat ko ng Tagaytay via Coastal Rd > Aguinaldo, long stops at Bacoor, lots of overtaking uphills - di naman ako pinahiya and I was actually very satisfied (Naiakyat ko na ito nung sliding pa sa People's Park, jusko over-revving ako lagi to overcome the missing second gear ). This is yet without an ATF change. Observe ko pa for a few days.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    to add sa discussion, rebuilding a transmission is more expensive than a surplus since you're going to buy a rebuilding kit, filter etc and the labor cost (not cheap).
    if the rebuilding procedure was done properly by a competent mechanic, will it last hassle free for, let's say, 5 more years?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    yes right, good as new

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post

walang flywheel ang A/T....adapter lang yun to mate the torque converter to the crankshaft. ang "nag-aact as a flywheel" is the torque converter-ATF.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i made inquiries w/ the pitworkz peeps before re tranny overhauling and they said they don't do that kind of tranny repair. all they do is install surplus ones

do you know of any (more) shops in the south rebuild trannies bos? i've heard of mel casaba in bacoor and this danny guy from paranaque who are said to be former honda casa technicians and they come w/ ok recommendations. but then again, i don't know how true those testimonials are especially since truth is relative in the world wide web
    malapit ko nang kagatin yung kay danny of paranaque, been asking him for more than 3 years na for my vti, good thing hanggang ngayon di ba bumibigay hehehehe, papagawa ko na alng kung talgang extreme na ayaw na magkambyo.. sa vti medyo mura quote niya parang 18k kasama na lahat pati repair kit. and it comes with 18 months warranty.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Saan exactly sa paranaque ang shop ni danny? Yung vti ko rin kasi, hirap na kumagat sa reverse.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast