New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    good day tsikoteers!

OD solenoid valve clicks when jumped directly to 12 volts +...has some traces of "black varnish" oozing out of the solenoid valve.

the column shifter OD switch seem to be not connected to the OD valve and relay but the OD off indicator turns off when OD is switched. basically, i wired the OD circuit with a 30A 12V relay (5 pin) with a separate toggle switch. just like the usual wiring procedure using a relay.
    Control circuit equipped with a 10A fuse as well as the load (OD sol. valve) circuit. both circuits tapped on the RUN wire of the ignition switch.

85-86: control circuit
    30-87: OD solenoid valve circuit

Result: OD clicks...but it doesn't seem to engage beyond 60 kmh. cannot feel it shift from 3rd to 4th gear unlike the shifting from 1st -2nd and 2nd-3rd. but i can feel a downshift (when switched off while slowing down in the neighborhood of 60 kmh) that never seem to happen before.

is there something wrong with my wiring? should you really feel a noticeable upshift?

thanks
    Last edited by miked; April 17th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    good day tsikoteers!

OD solenoid valve clicks when jumped directly to 12 volts +...has some traces of "black varnish" oozing out of the solenoid valve.

the column shifter OD switch seem to be not connected to the OD valve and relay but the OD off indicator turns off when OD is switched. basically, i wired the OD circuit with a 30A 12V relay (5 pin) with a separate toggle switch. just like the usual wiring procedure using a relay.
    Control circuit equipped with a 10A fuse as well as the load (OD sol. valve) circuit. both circuits tapped on the RUN wire of the ignition switch.

85-86: control circuit
    30-87: OD solenoid valve circuit

Result: OD clicks...but it doesn't seem to engage beyond 60 kmh. cannot feel it shift from 3rd to 4th gear unlike the shifting from 1st -2nd and 2nd-3rd. but i can feel a downshift (when switched off while slowing down in the neighborhood of 60 kmh) that never seem to happen before.

is there something wrong with my wiring? should you really feel a noticeable upshift?

thanks

first, the O/D engages when the vehicle is already on speed. in your case, the transaxle is not currently operated by a control unit. if it was, it would engage the torque converter clutch first then to O/D. you will not feel the shift shock to overdrive because the torque converter still has the slip due to the torque converter not going into lock up mode but can feel the downshift from O/D to direct gear. identify your transmission/transaxle first. if this was made by aisin warner, there will be a data plate riveted to the side of the transmission, it will have the transmission model number

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    aisin AW 0372L

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    AFAIK there's no od solenoid on aw372L, there are only 3 solenoids; shift sol 1,2, and tcc. gear shifting is tcm control switching shift sol 1 & 2 on and off (OD ss1-off and ss2-off)