New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hello. I drive a Mitsubishi Spacegear (gas, 2003) and I have been having problem with its overdrive. When OD is on, I hear a loud clicking sound behind the glove box. No pattern at all, it's very random. Sometimes it's not there, sometimes the clicks are in short bursts, sometimes far and few in between and there are times that the clicks will be rapid and non-stop, to the point that the car will be confused and will keep on shifting gears. When this happens, I just turn the overdrive off.

Has anyone had the same problem with overdrive? May I ask for some advice/recommendations? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Myles Jamito View Post
    Hello. I drive a Mitsubishi Spacegear (gas, 2003) and I have been having problem with its overdrive. When OD is on, I hear a loud clicking sound behind the glove box. No pattern at all, it's very random. Sometimes it's not there, sometimes the clicks are in short bursts, sometimes far and few in between and there are times that the clicks will be rapid and non-stop, to the point that the car will be confused and will keep on shifting gears. When this happens, I just turn the overdrive off.

Has anyone had the same problem with overdrive? May I ask for some advice/recommendations? Thanks in advance!

have a scan done. your overdrive usually has three inputs: 1-engine coolant temperature sensor, 2- throttle position, 3- vehicle speed sensor. missing any one of these or signal out of range will cause inoperative or improper overdrive operation

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    have a scan done. your overdrive usually has three inputs: 1-engine coolant temperature sensor, 2- throttle position, 3- vehicle speed sensor. missing any one of these or signal out of range will cause inoperative or improper overdrive operation
    any idea how to bypass these three or some mcguyver for a "manual" overdrive....i've looking for a way on how to engage the overdrive with just the switch, etc....my pickup truck which has been converted (formerly a gasser) to diesel by the previous owner cut all the wiring connections to the computer with no trace of the previous connections. it's a PITA. 4d56 diesel aisin AW 0372L trans.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    any idea how to bypass these three or some mcguyver for a "manual" overdrive....i've looking for a way on how to engage the overdrive with just the switch, etc....my pickup truck which has been converted (formerly a gasser) to diesel by the previous owner cut all the wiring connections to the computer with no trace of the previous connections. it's a PITA. 4d56 diesel aisin AW 0372L trans.

provide power to the light blue wire to the solenoid through a relay

check the wiring diagram on 4-64 http://delica.107net.ru/L400/ELECTRI...cal_wiring.pdf

5. Join Date
    May 2009

check the wiring diagram on 4-64 http://delica.107net.ru/L400/ELECTRI...cal_wiring.pdf
    thanks....another weekend diy

6. Join Date
    May 2009

can't identify the exact location of the OD solenoid. the trans cooler lines are on the right side (with respect to the driver's seat) and the wirings just snakes its way below the driver's.

if ever, would this be a good alternative? Overdrive quit

thanks again