New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Guys!

Kinda need some help with my Terrano. It seems that the 4wd does not engage properly. I have gotten stuck in tight situations 4x already and am kinda getting agitated cause I got the ride precisely for this kind of sticky situations.

Anyway, prior to getting in the situation, i engage 4wd, and the lights on the dash shows it as engaged. However once the 4 wheels hit mud, ayun, stuck na. when it gets in the mud, only the rear wheels spin. This tells me that the front wheels did not lock. The steering wheel tightens up though, but no drive on the front wheels.

HELLLP!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Bro, if you need someone reliable. I would suggest A.M. Bulaong in Banawe. They're in #34 Kaliraya St. and look for Leonard. They fixed my Pajero Field Master 2000 .

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    you probably have a defective locking hub.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    eto naman problema ko;

okay ang 4wd ng terrano pag straights, pero pag pa-liko, hirap-na-hirap as in , ano kaya solusyon dito? thanks

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    may 4wd Low ba yung terrano mo? if so, baka naka engage. balik mo sa 2wd lang.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    eto naman problema ko;

okay ang 4wd ng terrano pag straights, pero pag pa-liko, hirap-na-hirap as in , ano kaya solusyon dito? thanks
    if you hear a grinding or knocking sound when you turn. it could be the lockng hub or the cv joint.

as for the your turning problem. don't engage your 4wd and drive on dry pavement. 4wd should only be used off road or during slippery conditions.

and remember to disengage the locking hubs when you shift back to 2L. this is done by driving it in reverse for a few meters after shifting back to 2L.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mintoy View Post
    you probably have a defective locking hub.
    btw, it only takes one defective locking hub to render your front drive train useless. if you regularly go off-road. i would suggest replacing your auto locking hubs with manual ones.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mintoy View Post
    if you hear a grinding or knocking sound when you turn. it could be the lockng hub or the cv joint.

as for the your turning problem. don't engage your 4wd and drive on dry pavement. 4wd should only be used off road or during slippery conditions.

and remember to disengage the locking hubs when you shift back to 2L. this is done by driving it in reverse for a few meters after shifting back to 2L.
    no grinding or knocking sound, hirap na hirap lang talaga, kelangan mo pang tapakan yung silinyador para ma-'force' sya.

then sabi nang isa kong kausap, palagyan ko raw ng grasa, but i'm not sure kung saan

kelangan bang i-engage/disengage ang 4wd for some other time para di mag stuck?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    no grinding or knocking sound, hirap na hirap lang talaga, kelangan mo pang tapakan yung silinyador para ma-'force' sya.

then sabi nang isa kong kausap, palagyan ko raw ng grasa, but i'm not sure kung saan

kelangan bang i-engage/disengage ang 4wd for some other time para di mag stuck?

does this happen when your on either 2wd or 4wd? or just when it's on 4wd?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    only in 4WD sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Terrano 4wd problem