New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    guys help naman po, yung tranmission ayaw pumasok sa third gear pag umaandar pero pag nasa lifter sya eh pumapasok naman yung third gear. we already replaced the trasmission with a new one. we did seek help from japan subaru pero di nila kami sinasagot. baka may pwede pong makatulong. salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would think it's either a valvebody problem or the 3rd gear clutch packs are worn and it can't engage third while under load. (meaning, it actually has to push the car, rather than just spin the wheels).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    computer controled ba yug tranny mo? kung computer controlled, kailangan diagnose muna using a compatible scanner before trying to replace things .

scan for codes and go from there.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *niky - bro pinalitan na yung buong transmission ng dalawang beses, ganun pa rin ang problems

re scan codes, meron kami nun dito walang trouble code na nilalabas so we are facing a blank wall right now.

thanks sa mga advice pero may problem pa rin po. i'll appreciate any advice.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetkid10 View Post
    *niky - bro pinalitan na yung buong transmission ng dalawang beses, ganun pa rin ang problems

re scan codes, meron kami nun dito walang trouble code na nilalabas so we are facing a blank wall right now.

thanks sa mga advice pero may problem pa rin po. i'll appreciate any advice.

gadgetkid10,
    please completely identify your vehicle model, year, engine model, transaxle model and whether it is u.s. version, japanese version or third world country version.
    jick

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    good to know that you are equipped with scanner , try getting into the data and see what the computer is trying to do

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    eh di ba back job yan pag ganyan. nagpalit ako ng tranny sa Mazda ko 4x kasi hindi nila makuha kuha, there was a time na ayaw din pumasok sa 3rd gear and the problem was the electricals of the tranny, nevertheless, i made them replace the whole tranny until it was ok.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    eh di ba back job yan pag ganyan. nagpalit ako ng tranny sa Mazda ko 4x kasi hindi nila makuha kuha, there was a time na ayaw din pumasok sa 3rd gear and the problem was the electricals of the tranny, nevertheless, i made them replace the whole tranny until it was ok.

basti08,
    had that experience before with 1990 toyota cressida, a pin on the metri pak conector behind the a/c control panel was bent and no continuity between the transmission control module to the transmission. had this too on chevy (gmc) syclone, again, a terminal was bent on the connector. there were a couple more experiences i had with north american cars and asian cars i worked with. it is not uncommon specially if you are not careful with the mulitple pin connectors.
    jick
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; November 7th, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Need Help! - Subaru Automatic Transmission Problem 3rd gear