New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Yesterday, I drove my friend home from Alabang to Dasma, on the way back to Alabang,everytime I tried to accelerate , I notice the front part of the car shaking, like the transfer of power from the engine to the wheels is somehow delayed, when I reach BF homes, I started noticing it again at low speeds, and when I slowed down in traffic, The car just won't move forward or backward, The engine is still running but , it won't move. I called City motors and they towed the car to their shop, and after testing it they said, that the transmission needs to be replace at a cost of 250K.
    Can somebody tell me, if that is the only probable reason. I just had the ATF change at Shell station in mid feb of this year.
    Manny Thanks in Advance to any one who can help me...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    please give us more info so we can help you.

what's the mileage of your car?
    name, brand and rating of atf that you used?

CVT is a big headache to owners when it breaks down, its almost "disposable" type, meaning when it breaks down, you need to replace the whole assembly.

Casa solution is to buy the whole assembly as they don't have the training and even expertise to repair it.

CVT is very particular also about the atf. You need to follow the manual and casa recommendation on this one. wrong atf can damage your cvt in a matter of months.

Here are your options:

1. Repair

Solid daw and internals ng CVT, not many moving components unlike ordinary transmission na gear type. Technicians knowledgeable on CVT in our country is in short supply. But there is one in Binan, Carrasco name ng shop. They specialize in european transmission.

You need to buy a rebuilding kit. Corteco/Transtec is the only company who manufactured rebuilding kit for Jatco F1C1 (CVT of Mitsu) and they are base in US. Ordering will take more than 2 Months through Singapore office. Then have it done sa Carrasco.

I have no idea on pricing of kit and labor.

2. Buy surplus

If the above sounds too much trouble, you can buy a surplus sa baltak's merchandise sa kitanlad st, tatalon, QC

Sila na rin ang magkakabit. prepare around P60k for this.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RhonieBhoy View Post
    Yesterday, I drove my friend home from Alabang to Dasma, on the way back to Alabang,everytime I tried to accelerate , I notice the front part of the car shaking, like the transfer of power from the engine to the wheels is somehow delayed, when I reach BF homes, I started noticing it again at low speeds, and when I slowed down in traffic, The car just won't move forward or backward, The engine is still running but , it won't move. I called City motors and they towed the car to their shop, and after testing it they said, that the transmission needs to be replace at a cost of 250K.
    Can somebody tell me, if that is the only probable reason. I just had the ATF change at Shell station in mid feb of this year.
    Manny Thanks in Advance to any one who can help me...

Dear Rhonie. I live in Curacao of the Netherlands Antilles. I own a 2004 Mits.Colt RH drive bought from Japan. I had the same problem. Seems that the "Drive Belt" broke. That is a steel belt that is located between two large drive gears in the transmission. Was not easy to find or buy separately. But found for sale in the US, at ATK and Transmission Parts in Miami. Check with your transm.shop to find out if I am right. Then go their Web-site and order the Belt. It costs US$450. Also purchase the steel rings pack US$5. an the filter US$8. But it was worth it. I am on the road again. Buy please let me know. Remember to use only SPIII transmission oil, or else big problems. One more thing does the Drive indicator light "D" keep flashing when in gear? A CVT car driver from far away. John

Mitsubishi Lancer GLS 2004,CVT A/T problem