New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Meron po bang naka mirage na manual dito? Ask ko lang kung normal ba yung "ngarag" sound pag nag reverse ng kambyo? ang lakas eh, lalo na pag kakabukas lang ng kotse, may ngarag din yung pag tigil tapos rereverse ka. May ganito ba yung sa inyo? Normal ba? May times na wala, pero madalas sa meron.

Salamat

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hand brake yan kumakapit pag reverse saka biglang bibitaw sa brake drum. For me it's just normal.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Hand brake yan kumakapit pag reverse saka biglang bibitaw sa brake drum. For me it's just normal.

i beg to dis-agree. the release should be soundless. if it makes a sound, then there something that's sticking. i encounter this in my (non-mirage) car, after wading thru a flood.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    afaik. halos lahat ng mirage m/t eh nararansan yan.
    it has something to do with the mirage being low cost. i forgot the tech reason since that was 1 full year ago pa nung inexplain sa amin.

kelangan full stop bago mo i engage ang reverse.
    may mga iba na engage muna first gear then go to reverse and nawawala yung ingay.

personally, full press ako sa clutch and todo kambyo (farthest right) to go to reverse.
    kapag lousy ang pag engage ko (half clutch and malamyang kambyo), dun sumasabit.

HTH.
    it's one of the quirks of this car.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    first, the celerio MT. now, the mirage.
    unti-unting lumalabo ang pag-tingin ko sa mini cars...
    heh heh..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    dr. d naranasan ko yan sa lahat ng cars na nabili specially pag brake drum sa rear mostly sa umaga pag reverse. pansinin mo ang direction ng pag open ng brake shoe ay opposite sa rotation pag reverse. may resistance bago siya maka libre sa brake drum.nawawala din naman.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    just remembered the reason:
    its about the unsynchronized reverse gear.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    just remembered the reason:
    its about the unsynchronized reverse gear.
    they scrimped on the reverse synchronizer!??

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Then do a full stop before shifting to R. Even jeepneys and trucks have that sound.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    dr. d naranasan ko yan sa lahat ng cars na nabili specially pag brake drum sa rear mostly sa umaga pag reverse. pansinin mo ang direction ng pag open ng brake shoe ay opposite sa rotation pag reverse. may resistance bago siya maka libre sa brake drum.nawawala din naman.

yespo. but to the under-initiated, it comes as an "un-nerving" experience.
    i experience it from time to time myself, the morning after i drove thru a flooded street the night before..
    i even had to rock the car back and forth using the engine, to free the shoes sticking to the drum.
    but to experience it in a dry car! my suspicion is, the cable lubrication is... non-lubricating enough. or the retaining springs are "under-spec'ced". too weak. cheap.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 25th, 2016 at 09:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast