New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    What is the make and model of your car?
    You mentioned that you changed the transmission fluid quite recently. Is there a chance that the mechanic used the wrong type of fluid? IMO, your mileage is quite low to be experiencing this type of problem.
    yup I agree... mileage is so low, I opted to post here maybe some of you have already experienced this issue. I bought the fluid in Toyota, gen10 altis is my car BTW.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    What is the make and model of your car?
    You mentioned that you changed the transmission fluid quite recently. Is there a chance that the mechanic used the wrong type of fluid? IMO, your mileage is quite low to be experiencing this type of problem.
    yup I agree... mileage is so low, I opted to post here maybe some of you have already experienced this issue. I bought the fluid in Toyota, gen10 altis is my car BTW.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post

funny as it sounds, toyota sells the wrong type/viscosity of manual tranny fluid. go check your user's manual and compare with what toyota sold you...

funny as it sounds, toyota sells the wrong type/viscosity of manual tranny fluid. go check your user's manual and compare with what toyota sold you...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    shifter bushing, baka pudpud na. it is made of plastic. around 50 petot/pc yata. usually palitan mo 8 pcs. just have it check pag medyo sumasabit. madalai lang ikabit po yan sir. you can even have it DIY, kung yon nga ang culprit.
    Is the shifter bushing connected to shift forks???
    I have a habit of resting my right hand on the shifter while driving even for A/T. Would it possible i put enough pressure on the shifter resulting to wear & tear on the shift forks over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    nope I don't think so. I definitely bought the right type of tranny fluid in casa besides all M/T fluids can be used in all toyota variants. FYI

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    TS, what's the update with your transmission??

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    shifter bushing? saan ko kaya makikita ito sa pang-ilalim o sa loob rubber boots ng kambio? nasa youtube DIY ba to? TIA

shifter bushing? saan ko kaya makikita ito sa pang-ilalim o sa loob rubber boots ng kambio? nasa youtube DIY ba to? TIA
    up ko lang 'to. baka may idea kayo kung saan located ang shifter bushing l???

Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    di ko pa napapagawa eh pwede pa naman pagchagaan. busy lang lately

up ko lang 'to. baka may idea kayo kung saan located ang shifter bushing l???

Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    di ko pa napapagawa eh pwede pa naman pagchagaan. busy lang lately

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    keep us posted, thanks

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^^^ sure no problemo... ganito rin ba na not smooth shifting ang M/T natin??

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    the shifter bushings are located beneath the shifting lever trim. You have to remove the trim to visualize them. They are located in the "joints" b/n the cables and the shifting lever. Your car is still relatively new for the shifter bushings to fail but it is worth checking as these are relatively cheap parts and easy to replace but can be bothersome if they have seen better days. It could also be that you have a leaking primary or secondary clutch master or if you are a "clutch rider", you might need a new clutch

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    what gear oil did you use on your gear oil change

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    TS baka same nangyari sakin yan, nag start parang sticky lahat ng gears specially 5th gear, tinitiis ko kasi busy araw araw sa work, hangang 1 day bigla nalang ayaw mg engage ng kambyu at na stock cya sa 4th gear while on the highway. Kinabahan ako at pinilit kung maiuwi sa bahay kaysa ma tow ako sa kalsada. Pinilit ko maiuwi on 4th gear pagdating sa bahay amoy ang clutch. Haha. Then next day i called tow truck to bring it to my trusted mechanic. Long story short, ung parang shifter bushing ang natangal. By the way my car chevrolet aveo manual 2008 sedan(singapore)
    Mileage 150k na nung nadali. Walang parts s chevrolet order padaw, then ung mekaniko here ginawan nalang paraan nagpagawa cya sa machine shop, now ok na.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Manual Transmission not Smooth Shifting