New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just got a new honda SiR and its in short shift transmission mode. now my question is im experiencing some heat evolving in the shift lever (kambyo). mainit talaga sya pero ndi naman sobrang init pero umiinit lang.. now my question is is this normal for a short shift mode? if not then ano kaya problem? or maybe sira na ung transmission or worn out na or ano kaya? or wala na trans oil? sorry im noob with cars and its my first honda and nagkataon pa na SiR. any inputs would help great. thx

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

In my experience with other vehicles, it is typical for it to be warm...

7707:band:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    talagang warm yan. kasi it conducts heat from the transmission. sa iyo, mas mainit yan kasi naka short shifter ka.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ahh ok if thats the case then theres no reason for me to get worried hehe im driving a crosswind kasi and i ddnt experience the heat on the kambyo. thx for your enlightenment mga kuya. thx a lot !

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The heat is most likely coming from the exhaust pipe in close proximity with the shifter. It's a FWD car so I doubt it that it came from the transmission.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The heat is most likely coming from the exhaust pipe in close proximity with the shifter. It's a FWD car so I doubt it that it came from the transmission.

i agree

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Short shift mode?

You mean it has a short shifter with a metal knob? Talagang mainit yun kung ganyan... you don't feel it in the Crosswind because it has a rubber knob and the shifter is some ten feet away from the transmission (honestly, the shift-lever feels that long, sometimes... ).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung metal knob iinit nga yan. nung naka rubber knob ako wala din init, pero after ko mga shift sa CTR knobs ayun may init nga. hehehe. lalo na naka shortshift ka pa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sir yang init na yan ay galing po sa exhaust pipe po.. tnx

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    bka me butas ung rubber boots nsa sa shifter...pero natural lang uminit yan ks nsa ilalim nyan ay moving parts pero check mo rin ung rubber boots..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mainit ang kambyo?