New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hello...im kinda new here and its my 1st time owning a car in this counrty so i wouldnt know how much things run around here. i have a tranny leak and the leak is near the right axle boot. also...i think my axle boot is also leaking with all the gunk around it. can someone tell me how much things would run if i get it fixed? i hope no shops rip me off for a high price. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    is it oil or grease? if its grease, its probably your axle boot. this would need repacking and replacement of the boots if cracked.

if its oil, probably tranny oil. there is a seal on the diffrerential side of the tranny. this can be replaced as well.

you can bring it to speedyfix for checkup

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    is it oil or grease? if its grease, its probably your axle boot. this would need repacking and replacement of the boots if cracked.

if its oil, probably tranny oil. there is a seal on the diffrerential side of the tranny. this can be replaced as well.

you can bring it to speedyfix for checkup
    are they an honest shop? cause im thinkin it could just be my boot cause there is grease all over the bottom but then again i also found oil. how much would it cost around so i would know what to expect? thanks... oh and one more thing...is speedyfix an honest shop? thanks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    are they an honest shop? cause im thinkin it could just be my boot cause there is grease all over the bottom but then again i also found oil. how much would it cost around so i would know what to expect? thanks... oh and one more thing...is speedyfix an honest shop? thanks
    from what i've read here, those who have had work done there seem satisfied with their service..also the owner posts here.. try using the search function for speedyfix..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if it's just the boot then it shouldn't be too expensive. actually even if the seal is leaking it'll just add a couple of hundred pesos.

but it really does have to be checked first.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hello. Related question lang din po sa mga tsikoteers regarding leaking transmission fluid. My car is a 1999 toyota corolla (ae111).

Meron po kasi leak sa front middle part under the car. Tama po ba na 3 ang oil seals na kailangan ko ipacheck, 2 na axle oil seal and 1 rear main oil seal?

Kung yung sa rear main oil seal ang papalitan, may idea po ba kayo how much yun?

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sa main oil seal kelangan baba ang tranny

leaking tranny...